Menopause Expert Forum
painful intercourse
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

painful intercourse

I am 57 and had a total hysterectomy about 10 years ago. At the time prior to the hysterectomy, I was bleeding constantly therefore the sex was almost nill.  Now 10 years later it is still the same but not because of the bleeding prior to the surgery, but because of the pain.  I am very tight and have tried all types of lubricants and I even tried estring in which I really should ot because of cancer in my family.
Has anyone ever had this problem?
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
A. You are not the only person this happens to. Unfortunately, it is something we see from time to time and it is very upsetting for women.  After a hysterectomy when the ovaries are also removed, estrogen levels get low, and the vaginal tissues loose some of their elastic tissue.  This can cause the vagina to become narrower and tighter, especially if intercourse doesn
2 Comments
Blank
86075_tn?1238118691
Thanks so much for your response to the painful intercourse question, was wondering about the candle though, isn't parrafin a slightly toxic substance? Perhaps not. Anyway, could I possibly do the same thing with a small dildo or something? Or is the candle wax better for making the vagina more elastic? This has been very bothersome for me and I have not had sex for over 2 years. I'm a 52 year old woman. Thanks so much!
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979