periods too often
I'm almost 49 yrs old and for the past 4 months, I have been getting my period every other week. I have no pain or discomfort (other than having my period every other week).  Is this another side effect of menopause?
Hi there, Im also 49 and I have had the same thing as you, for about 5 months I had periods every 2 weeks, sometimes bleeding for up to 3 weeks. After years of having regular 28day cycles. Well now for the past 4 months I have had no periods at all! I believe this is the beginning of menopause. Happy days!!
Victoria ~
Believe it! These weird things happen at the start of and during menopause. So are heavy periods that go on 2 weeks or more, and 2-3 months or so without a period. Ovulation gets all messed-up so intervals between periods go wacky.

But it's always best to have an obs/gyn referral from your doctor, and get checked out thoroughly so you can rule out any other problem first. (I was a regular visitor to my ob/gyn specialist for a couple of years!! They got sick of seeing me! And always gave me the same answer....that the disturbances were hormonal in origin, and menopause-connected)
Hi I'm also 49 and I have have my periods every 2 weeks up to 3 weeks for the past year and half I have never missed one, I'm so tired of it I feel it will never end.
Hi All!
I had similar situation. Regular 28 day cycles all my life. The past two-three years, heavy, heavy cycles 21 days apart for 2 years... then last year every 2 weeks lasting for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks on... one week off... It went on and on like this for over a year. Mentally and  physically draining and  I became anemic.
I had a endometrial uterine ablation in Dec.  09 .
Now I have very light or NO period since.... My other option was Birth control pills which I said No.
Please talk to your gyn dr. and see if any of these options would help you.