Menopause Community
please please help me as its ruining my life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

im only 40 years old and i have been suffering with so many symptoms that i cannot cope much longer!! my periods have been irregular for 2 years now and sometimes went without a period for 6 months. instead of going to the doctors i just assumed it was to do with my life style and stress. now they have been here for 3 weeks and im having a really bad time of being dry and swollen and slight smell coming from my vagina. this has just started happening for the last 2 months, but has been so bad i ended up going to a vd clinic thinking i had caught some disease!! i have been having terrible mood swings and feeling very lonely at times, i am acting like a maniac and cant control my temper and emotions. also i am sleeping for 14 hours at a time and am constantly exhausted, i have no motivation to do housework and takes me a long time and effort to just get ready when awake. i could have slept well over 10 hours and later on in the day i get such an urge to sleep that i have just had to lie down and sleep saying im going for a nap but end up sleeping right through to the next day if i can. its really getting me down and interfering with my life with my 2 kids, they also are suffering because of my sleeping constantly!! mabee im going through premature menopause and could well be going through it for 2 years with my symptoms.. its getting a lot worse though and i feel that im going mad sometimes. i never thought it was menopause until i started getting problems down below and at first just thought i was getting thrush all the time. after went to clinic i realised when results came back negative that mabee im going through menopause!! i have also put on a lot of weight and always was slim but now look much more rounder especially round my stomach! please help me and diagnose what im going through as im not coping at all. thank you......
Tags: help me
You really need to see the doctor. You need Thyroid checked out, you need checking for anemia. And yes, this could be premature menopause (or "perimenopause" symptoms.) A couple of years before my periods finally stopped (finally!...thank the Lord!!) -I had weird bleeding patterns, like no period for three months, then one that went on for 6 weeks....etc. All women go through menopause at different times, and things aren't usually over in a flash. Odd symptoms can go on for years.
Go see the doc., and maybe get a referral to a gynecologist. It won't do any harm to get fully checked out down there. I don't know what they call it...but I had a gynecologist put a camera into my womb and take a good look around.
It is just possible you might have Fibroids that are bleeding out and making you feel run down. Fibroids CAN be left alone if they aren't causing too much damage. They shrink away after the menopause anyway.

If there is any anemia it could cause your extreme tiredness. Under active thyroid could do that too. Of course there are other causes. But your doctor needs to find out what's going on, and help you.
same here - I didn't have a period from December to April then wham - 33 days later and it's just stopped, I had blood tests  and I'm well into the perimenopause...also anemic

best to go and see your Dr, maybe you would be better trying HRT - it's not for everyone but might help with some of your symptoms

Val
Hello!   I am 57 and am either crying, meaner than a hornet or ok   Mostly the first two  Not on any medicine havnt been to a dr in 15 yrs  generally in good health except this anger or crying  No insurance so is there anything over counter that helps with mood swings   I mean tell people off mood swings  thanks  deb