Menopause Expert Forum
post menopausal bleeding and ovarian cysts
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

post menopausal bleeding and ovarian cysts

First, thank you for your answer.   52 years old, no peroids since 06/06, diagnosed by blood tests as menopausal in 10/06, and repeat tests in 06/07 showed defenite menopause.Long history of ovarian cysts and   had a 12 cm. cyst and right ovary removed in 06. all pathology OK.

Now I have been having ovarian cysts being followed since 10/06 with repeat ultrasounds every 3 months.  Doctor said there was one, then a couple of them and they were small so he continued watching. Since Octorber  06 I have had all the symptoms that I know are related to the cysts, but now  have had bleeding.  a couple of times just spotting for a couple of days, and last months 10 days of  a lighter period type bleeding.   3 weeks after this bleeding doctor  did an endometrial biopsy and said my lining was very thin.  But the cyst was about the size of a golf ball.  He suggested still watching, and repeat the ultrasound in 2 or 3 months.

Does this sound OK, or should I get another opinion.  I am tired of the symptoms.  But don't I still need that other ovary?  I do not care to take any HRT. I  am small and lean.  doesn't that ovary still help with a little estrogen production?  or am a I better off with out it.