Menopause Community
postmenopausal bleeding/cramping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

postmenopausal bleeding/cramping

Hi- I went through menopause thirteen years ago and have not had any events since. Now all of a sudden I started bleeding heavily with cramping which has gone on for four days. Now I am bleeding less heavily though still cramping. I saw a doctor wed. who ordered a transvaginal ultrasound which I had thurs morning as well as blood tests. The blood tests were negative, haven't heard results from ultrasound. I have an appt with gynecologist in two weeks.

Do polyps or fibroids cause that much bleeding? If it's something like that what can be done to put an end to it?
Thanks, Namaestra
HI,
Sudden occurrence of post-menopausal bleeding is not a good sign. It can be caused by factors in the cervix and vagina like polyps, erosion, tumours or due to fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia or cancer. A thorough evaluation in the form of ultrasound scan, Pap smear and endometrial biopsy may be necessary. Consult your gynaecologist. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank