Menopause Community
pregnancy or menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

pregnancy or menopause

I had my tubes tied 20 yrs ago, don't know the procedure used and my periods have been regular up until nov. which i missed, i have 4 grown children in which 2 of i had bleeding which seemed like a period lasting 4 or 5 days up until i delivered them that being said i now feel like i'm pregnant, i've read their is a high failure rate of tubal failures that were performed in the early 90's and your chances increase or double after 10, well it's been 20 for me now! i have all the signs of pregnancy and in fact my stomach looks to be 4 or 5 months and from that missed period in nov. that would be about right. a friend of mine that had her baby and tubal the same day and year and she just had twin girls and my mother also had a tubal, 10 yrs. later she was pregnant and didn't know and had my brother at home in bed so this is why i'm freaking out! is a sign of menopause a swelling tummy, i have not had night sweats or any other symptoms that go along with menopause, but more pregnancy symptoms and i have been having more than regular great sex with my boyfriend, unprotected but we've been together for over a year! oh, and my mother didn't stop having her periods till her late 50's early 60's, don't know if that's a factor either, someone please help with answers! i did take a home pregnancy test but nothing showed in the control windows so it could have been bad and i was also told that when u have ur tubes tied the hcg levels can't be detected on urine tests so i'll have to have blood tests done, just uncomfortable walking in and asking for pregnancy test at my age!
I see that you have posted this in a few different forums and were advised to contact your Dr.  The women on here are not going to have difinitive answers for you so you need to call your Dr. and get a blood test.  did you do a first morning urine test so that it wasn't "over saturated" this morning?  Keep us posted.