Menopause Community
pregnant after menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

pregnant after menopause

my last period was 7 years ago, when I started radiation.   could i be pregnant?  i have a feeling of pregnancy, backache and slight nausea (acid reflux and lots of winds)
I assume you aren't having radiation therapy any more?  Did the doctor tell you that it destroyed your ovarian function or anything like that?  If not, yes, you could have unexpectedly ovulated, and if you had sex at that time it is possible to get pregnant.  It would be unusual but not unheard-of to have a baby at a later point in life, especially if one is on hormones or has undergone some kind of medical situation that would defer or delay a normal ovarian schedule.

Take a home pregnancy test and if it is positive, talk to your doctor.
Thank you for this answer....no i am not on radiation anymore - ended 7 years ago.....i am in remission for 6 years now.....when i told her i am not gettng my period ......she asked If it will be a problem...do I want more children......im not on any hormone treatment............