Menopause Community
sagging wrinkly skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

sagging wrinkly skin

i'm 64 and it seems like i aged alot the last year. what can i do to improve the sagging and wrinkly skin on my arms and legs.? i know my diet has been horrible and i don't exercise at all. any suggestions?
You need to exercise.  If you were accustomed to lifting a certain amount of weight regularly and then stopped, the muscles will lose their tone and the skin will hang on them.  This happens a lot to ladies who lift their toddlers several times a day, and then the kids get too big to lift and the mom says "Whew" and stops lifting anything else.  You see a lot of midlife ladies with arm flab that comes from that.

For wrinkles, all you can do is use body lotions so they don't look so dry.  If the muscles come back into some kind of tone with exercise, it might help.