side effects from long use of nexium
I am.trying to.wean myself.off nexium after 10 yrs, as I feel food has been.fermenting in my stomach, symptoms r.reflux hrs after eating bringing up.food, smelly wind, sore bowels, itchy nd burning bottom. Iv put lots.of weight on and have bone and joint pain 24-7. I feel original symptoms were due to emotional problems and depression  not being treated, my doc is not interested in.helping cus of budget cuts, I'm.sure nexium is as expensive as vaniqa which will improve my life  100%
HI,
Nexium is a proton pump inhibitor which reduces acid secretion. It is used in the treatment of dyspepsia, peptic ulcer disease (PUD), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD).  If you want to avoid taking the drug, then lifestyle modification, weight loss and meditation for emotional problems and treatment of depression will be necessary. This will not only relieve the joint and bone pains but also help with the stomach problems and bloating. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.