Aa
A
A
Close
sore breasts
hi there i am 43 yrs olod and been going through the menopause for abt 5yrs latelly i have been getting sore breast and they have been leaking i have had blood test done for a number of things but they have come back fine but i am still getting the same symtoms my right breast is the worst .
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
What type of leaking is occuring with your breasts? Galactorrhea is something that happens when milk is discharged via nipples when a woman is not pregnant....can signal a pituitary tumor which can occur in older women.  I am one of those rare individuals who had it happen in my early 20's & also had the ammenorrhea which developed into a pituitary tumor.  Safely removed...no problems since.  However with any breast discharge, having it checked out is important.   Breast tenderness is common with pre-menopausal women.  Water retention,  and even lumps that get larger and then decrease as the cycle passes can make breasts feel sore and tender.  Personally I think diet also affects the tenderness in what one eats.

I am glad to hear you had some tests done.  If you are not sure of them, you could go for another opinion.  Otherwise, keeping track of symptoms & letting the Doctor know asap if things get worse.

There are alternative methods for dealing with breast tenderness.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources