sudden muscle/fat shrinkage of forearms

About 3 months ago, over a period of 2 weeks, the shape and size of my hands and forearms shrank noticeably. I am slim, have worked out all my life, am 56 years old and postmenopausal, about 2 and a half years.I have had all the miserable symptoms, ( nightsweats, hot flashes, thinning skin, itching, loss of sexdrive, mood swings and insomnia) and finally went on HRT a little over a month ago, but have not noticed an improvement as of yet. I was very concerned, thought I had a neuromuscular condition, so I had tests done by a specialist and found out, to my relief, but also puzzlement, that there was nothing wrong in that area. I have noticed the prominence of veins, and visibility of muscles, tendons etc as the shrinkage occurred. It continues-  and worries me alot. I have been checked out by no fewer than 3 rheumatologists, (due to bloodwork that is highly positive for RA), but do not have clinical symptoms, so no dx of RA. But- my arms keep shrinking! I am ging to have toothpicks for arms if this does not stop. Can this all be related to post-menopause? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm a little freaked out- and would love to hear from anyone who is experiencing this- thanks!
I just posted to this forum and my post might help.
How are your cholesterol levels? You may need more in your diet.

How long should it take for an HRT to take effect? A month sounds like a long time to not notice anything. But wait, you HAVE noticed something since then, your arms shrinking!