Menopause Expert Forum
symptoms?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

symptoms?

THis is not about menopause but I have not gotten a satisfactory explanantion from my Dr.s; I had a vaginal hysterectomy approximately 11 weeks ago, I still have my ovaries and fallopian tubes.  A few days ago I had some granulation tissue diagnosed along the healing area of my vagina.  I have been experiencing discomfort inside my hips bones where I imagine the ovaries are located and swelling of the abdominal area usually as the day progresses which could just be the result of your body getting tired my the end of the day.  My question is, can granulation tissue develope on the ovaries, what can the discomfort indicate if anything and what are normal symtoms (symptoms) of ovulation post hysterectomy.
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
One of the most common causes of granulation tissue along the incision from your hysterectomy inside your vagina is the fallopian tube.  Sometimes a piece of the tube falls into the incision. Why this is noticed now I don't know but usually the diagnosis can be made by taking a small biopsy of the granulation tissue and sending it to be looked at by pathology under the microscope. Granulation tissue does not typically grow on the ovaries. Normal symptoms of ovulation are not consistent after menopause. If you take a basal temperature (first thing in the morning before you get out of bed or go to the bathroom) every morning one typically sees a rise of at least 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit that stays elevated for about two weeks. Physical symptoms vary greatly from woman to woman. If there is an infection in the fallopian tubes or even if they are just closed at the end, the fluid inside the tubes has no way to be expelled and this can cause the tubes to swell in the second half of the cycle and lead to a dull ache that can last for up to two weeks at a time. The ovaries can also be attached to the vaginal incision on the inside and cause an ache. A pelvic ultrasound and a thorough pelvic exam would help with this situation to get a diagnosis.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank