Menopause Community
wierd smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

wierd smell

i am 47 and  when i get my pierods i smell a strong odor of amoium is that normal
when do i get the answers
i thkn we have to wait until someone who knows anything about it replies.. obviously there is no one on her e that knows or has the same problem.
however i have the exacct same problem. i was told that it could mean an infection. but i havent been anywhere to check it out yet. if you found out anythnig please let me know
Are you sure the amonia (ammonia) smell is not from your urine? that is a definate sign of an urinary tract infection. other signs are burning, or urniary hesitation or frequent urination, I have a feeling its not your periods.
I am 33 and have been told I am perimenopausal. I'm experiencing the hot flashes and am very moody...but worst is the odor. It fills up the entire room. My dr. put me on birth control pills to regulate my cycle because I was having two or three periods a month. Now, I may have spotting here or there, but I only have a full-blown cycle once every 6-12 weeks (it depends on how long I can handle the cramps and spotting). The odor is strongest right before, during, and after my period, but in the past year has been ever-present. I also have a yellowish discharge that I can sometimes feel coming out - the dr's always say they see NO DISCHARGE. I have been to 5 different dr's trying to find an answer and they tell me they can't smell it and it must be in my head. It's not in my head! My husband and mom don't notice my odor, but some people in my workplace do. I'm embarassed to go anywhere. I don't like to get too close to anyone. The odor is disgusting and offending to ME so I know it is to others! It's depressing. I cry about it all the time. I shower every morning and sometimes at night as well. I've tried feminine deodorants, sanitary wipes, different deodorants, body sprays, lotions, perfumes, etc. Now I don't use any perfumes or anything because it just seems to make it worse (like a cover up). I'm jealous when someone walks past with a great-smelling perfume because I never smell good anymore. How long will this last? What is it? Depressed...
Try dipping a tampon in natural yoghurt and inserting it in the usual way as you do for your period. Remove after 3 or 4 hours and repeat as necessary or  desired.
Had suffered years of the same thing, even had to go for 6 monthly (normally once every 2 years) PAP smears because there were "irregular" A-typical cells present in the smear tests. After i used this back-to-basics treatment, my condition disappeared. Now, everytime i feel the slightest discomfort of an impending thrush infection, in goes the yoghurt-dipped tampon! Good luck!!
pinkie