Menopause Community
yellow vaginal discharge after menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I am 57 years old and haven't had a period for ten years. It started as clear discharge then yellow and sometimes looks like lite greenish. mostly it is yellow. all std test come back negative. checked for bacterial vaginosis, negative. had the ten months ago with a high ph level and was treated for bv and it worked now same symptoms but discharge is heavier. now treating me with same as when I had bv but still not sure what it is. I am thinking it is uterine cancer.
Avatar dr f tn
In order to make the diagnosis, what you need is an internal examination and an ultrasound scan. A pap smear and vaginal swab test can be done. This will rule out any local infection or polyps or cervical cancer. An endometrial biopsy will help rule out endometrial cancer, especially if there is a thickened endometrium on ultrasound scan. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Take care & good luck.