Men's Health Community
18 yr old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

18 yr old

Im an 19 yr old male and about year ago during a physical i was notified i have Arthritis. For about 7 months i have been in extreme pain almost every day, Mostly in my knees, back, and neck. Is it normal for a guy my age to be experianceing this much pain? (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, its about a 7)Im in good shape, im 6"2 140 pounds. The pain has begun to affect my physical activitys, work and even my relationship. I rarely want to do anything if im not working, i usually just lay on the couch most of the day. I have been to the doctor and he basicly just said take over the counter pain pills. I have been for awhile and ive devolopled a tollerance to them and i have to take at least 13-16 a day to have any pain relief at all. Even if i get a prescription for oxycodeon or a stronger pain reliever, am i stuck with this for life?
(correction im 18)
Depending on what the over the counter pills are, you may be seriously endangering your liver or kidneys, and in fact unwittingly worsening your own pain.  Whatever the OTC pain pills are, you are taking too many right now, I can tell you that.

Overuse of any analgesic for long periods of time can lead to rebound pain--as the meds wear off, the pain comes back and your body perceives it as worse than before, so you take more meds and again the pain comes back even worse.
The same thing will happen with narcotic analgesics, except that you have the added bonus of physical and psychological addiction to deal with.

You need to get to the bottom of why you are in such extreme pain at such an early age.  If you have arthritis, it needs to be addressed by a specialist to gain the best outcome.  You can't just keep taking pills to cover up the pain.  If it is arthritis that is untreated, your joints will eventually become destroyed.  You are too young to have that happen.

Ask for a referral to a rheumatologist, or even an internal medicine specialist to get at the real reason for all the pain, and to develop a plan to treat the cause, not just the pain symptom.

Start cutting down on the OTC pills.  If you are in pain either way, with them or without them, it won't matter if you take them or not.  Just start tapering down the frequency before your liver or kidneys fail.  
Dear Friend

You Can Find Your Answer Here: www.3penis.com

good luck