Men's Health Community
38 years old and no sex drive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

38 years old and no sex drive

My husband is 38 years old. Our sex life started out great. We have been married 7 years and after about 6 months it started to decline. After 7 years he says he has no desire for sex. 6 months ago they put him on BP meds, but he had no desire for a couple of years before that.What do I do? Is it me? What can I do to help us?
Well something clearly is going on.  Maybe depression??  My suggestion to you is to suggest to him seeing a sex therapist.  Or maybe you could take some risks to try and get him in the mood.  I dressed up for my boyfriend with a french maid outfit and bought a blonde wig and wore high heals for when he got home from work.  I felt like our sex life was getting boring and that was the key for me.  It was great.  However, if u feel its something deeper, I would hate for you to do that and it not work.  I dont want ur feelings to get hurt.  But think about a therapist and approach it in a way where he's not intimidated.  Good luck!  And do something for u to to make you feel sexy!
No its not you or your fault! I agree with sparkler you need expert medical help immediately and a sex therapist is the place to start.  You need to talk to your husband (im sure you already are) and explain to him that this also effects you. In love be honest, open and direct.  He needs to acknowledge your feelings and understand your needs even in his dry spell.  Dressing up sexy saucy sounds like a fun idea but may back fire, sparkler is right this may be risky if he is completely switched off and will ultimately leave you feeling deflated and all the ugly negative feelings that come with rejection ... im not attractive, he doesnt want me etc etc.  I commend you for standing by your man during this time and encourage you to satisfy yourself without guilt while you both seek help.  Good luck!!!!!