Men's Health Community
6 year old sons right testical has not dropped need to know if anyghing...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

6 year old sons right testical has not dropped need to know if anyghing can be done

my son will be 6 ths month durring a recent visit to the doctor i was informed his right testical had not dropped.  I am wondering what steps can be taken to bring this down as I understand this can cause an increasted risk in cancer and infertility.  any suggestions you can make would be greatly appreciated.
1 Comment
Your son is fortunate in regards to infertility that at least one testicle descended. For the other one the urologist would have to find out where it sits exactly. There are a few cases as with my own son where the testicle is just behind the internal opening of the scrotum and can actually be pulled down in place manually by the urologist but I believe that is only possible before toddlerhood. It worked for my son. If the second testicle is there at all, the other option is surgery and it is suggested to get this done as soon as possible before all those developing sperms become too overheated and infertile by being stuck inside of the body. Usually pediatricians suggest to get this surgery done between age 1 and 2 to give fertility the best of chances, maybe its a money making advice, who knows. But age 6 is not too bad. The surgery itself seems to be a pretty common procedure but do some research on the net on how to prepare a child for surgery psychologically. Good luck!