Men's Health Community
Always tired, cloudy head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Always tired, cloudy head

Hi, I had a flu/cold or flu like symptoms 2 weeks ago and Im still feeling very tired, legs flousy, head cloudy, eyelids heavy, sensitive to light and sensitive to jerky head movements.  I kicked the other flu symptoms, such as cough, fever, sore throat to the side already but I still get occassional night sweats.  Moment I wake up, I feel dizzy from my head on down.  I get feel comfortable when walking to places but when I stop, I feel like Im trying to catch my breath at times.  I went to the doc and he thinks that I have a sinus infection that was from the cold/flu and Im on antibiotics.  I was on Biaxin for 7 days and that did nothing...I went back to the doc and he put me on something stonger for 10 days (a mixture of Amoxi/Clav and Pseudovent, twice a day).  Its been 3 days now that Ive been on that and it seems like Im having no recovery effects.  At the same time, I can breathe through my nasals effortlessly but I still feel like there is some congestion in the forehead area.  Whats scaring me most is that my legs are not 100% underneath me, meaning, they feel weak.  Im very active when it comes to working out and recreational activities and I've never been this sick in my life.  I dont remember a flu/cold ever lasting this long so Im thinking its something else.  I also engaged in unprotected sex with a female (Im heterosexual) 3 days prior to falling sick.  Im hoping that it isnt a STD but it may be.  If so, what are some possibilites?  HIV infection?  What are some other as well posibilities that my illness may be that you see out of what I described? Thanks.
Look at the STD forum. Your symptoms are too soon for ARS. However, having unprotected sex does put you at risk for STDs. Could be Mono. I had mono before and I was sick (like you) for a month. Took another month to get back to 100%. Mono is also called the "kissing disease" and is much easier to catch then HIV or other STDs.

Go buy some Airborne! It's a suppliment that kick starts your immune system. Everything in it is good for you. Might make you feel better.
Hi,you might have a bad prostate infection.Do you burn when you take a leak.Also it is possible that you have a middle ear infection,and can cause these problems you are having.I know of nothing you could catch from having sex with someone that would show up in three days.However they are a type of Gonorrhea that can show up in as little as 3 days.It causes a infection of the urethra ,and can invade other parts of the body and does include flu type problems.It can make you run a fever and have many problems.I would have it check asap,the test for it is a smear and sometimes blood test.It can be treated very easy put the longer you wait the harder it is to treat.Many people think gonorrhea is a thing of the past but it is making a huge come back.Please get check because it can be cured ,very easy but if you wait a long time it can cause infections all over the body and even to the brain.Put you will be fine it you dont wait 6 months or a year. So go now asap!Good luck.