Men's Health Community
Avapro and sex drive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Avapro and sex drive

i've searched the internet for any reports that Avapro or Atacand can cause a loss of sex drive and impotence but cannot find it anywhere.  I believe that it does.  I was taking Atacand 8mg and then 16mg for almost 2 years and experienced a small loss of sex drive.  I also was having some ED problems which I started taking Viagra for.  It seemed to work ok - but I'm only 30 and feel like I shouldn't be having these problems and before the Atacand my sex drive was on fire.  Just a coincidence?  I don't know.  Now I switched to Avapro 150mg since my wonderful health insurance arbitrarily decided not to cover the Atacand anymore and my sex drive is gone.  It's been about 3 weeks.  I can't get an erection even with Viagra.  It is killing me.  Can I just stop taking the Avapro or do I need to ween off of it?  Will my sex drive come back?  I'm starting to feel like the stress of this situation is raising my blood pressure more than the drugs can help.
A related discussion, AVAPRO and AVODART was started.