Men's Health Community
Blood in Stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Blood in Stool

I just used the restroom and noticed that I had alot of blood in my stool.  I have never noticed this before and there appeared to be alot.  I found that this could be a condition such as hemorrhoids or something more serious such as cancer.  I am 34 years old and scared!  I have been taking vytorin and triglide for high cholesterol, though my cholesterol was 205 on my last visit, my LDL's were 93 and my tryglicerites were 400.  I am a little overweight and so I asked my Doctor if he could help me out with something to get me going and he said he could, short term.  He prescribed Phentromin (not sure of the spelling) and I have been taking it for a week now, along with my cholesterol meds, 3000 mg of vitamin C and a multi-vitamin.  I have noticed that I feel some pressure and had to strain somewhat over the last couple of days while going to the bathroom, but not alot.  I almost feel impacted, if you will.  I have had alot of gas, but to be honest, I always do.  My question is, could this possibly be cancer or could it just be hemorrhoids or could it be from all the medicines that I am taking having an adverse affect on my body?
Blood in the stool is concerning. It would freak me out too!! Nothing to second guess for sure. However, cancer in the anal, intestine area is rare for someone our age. So, the odds are that it's not.

Don't worry about it and go get it checked out. I would read up on your medicine to see what ALL the side effects are.

I just got a confirmation from my Doctor, it is only an internal hemorrhoids.  Only, listen to me.  I am just releived it is not cancer.
Cool.. Congrats!
Ive been constipated for about a week now, with pain during stools.  Just yesterday though, I noticed some blood on the stool and a little on the toilet paper.  Today, though, there was blood dripping from the anus after a stool and about a silver dollar size amount on the toilet paper.  I dont want to go to the doctor just yet so Im going to wait out the rest of the week.  (Today is Wednesday)  Ive added fiber to my diet by way of prunes and more water.  Is there anything I should do and is this wise?  And I doubt I have cancer since I'm only 16.  Ive read online articles and I think i have either hemoroids or an anal fissure.  Thanks
u might have piles.so dont worry it will go off by itself if its not severe
I have recently experienced pain in my right knee and at times have a difficult time getting up on that leg.  Doctors don't know for sure.  One Doc, says Lupus last 6 months and now the blood test results show negative for Lupus. They give me pain pills and muscle relaxer... All they do is put me to sleep and when I wake up the pain is still there. The pain is worse in the evening hours.  To lift my right leg up and down is extreme painful. Often symptons are neck pains and other joint pains arms fingers swelling in hands and feet.  Any idea?