Blotches and patches of bumps on and around scrotum
Hello

Over the past week I have slowly developed a condition of a (now) red, tough patch of skin on the front of my scrotum on the left side.  In the center of this patch are dark asymmetrical botches that seem to be growing.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said it was due to tight fitting underwear and irritation.. suggested I get looser underwear (which I have) and gave me a prescription for Antibiotics (Amox/K Clav 875-125 Sandoz).  

In the meantime (since the doctor visit) I have noticed what I thought was a pimple on my left thigh (where it meets the buttocks, near my scrotum) has become a circular patch of red, raised bumps!  there is a similar patch symmetrically on the other side (on edge of my buttocks where thigh [red blotch] and buttocks meet) and a much larger patch on my perineum all the way back to the bottom of my anus.  These new discoveries are incredibly itchy (especially at night!!) and I am wondering if this is spreading or spreadable by contact to other areas of the body and really what it is.

Please see the attached photo of one of the newly found circular bump patches..

I also have noticed that it appears the patch on my scrotum is slowly growing.  not sure if the doc got the right call on this or not.. He looked at it for 5 seconds, explained what it was, and was out of the office in about 3 minutes after that!

I have never had a sexual partner but do get cold sores when I get a cold.. hoping this is not herpes!

seems to be mostly on the left side.. I also have what appears to be a trigger point that has newly developed this week on my left lower back near my buttocks that really hurts as well.   I don't carry my wallet in my back pockets so that can't be it.. but wanted to throw that out there incase it helps your opinion of my condition above.
Make an appointment with a Dermatologist
Is that the final answer? hehe

I went back to the doctor today and he explained that the red patches of bumps were part of the antibiotics working.  Says I have folliculitis.. they are going to see me again in a week.  The bumps are already slowly starting to break which he also said was normal and going to happen.

I'm not taking my chances and am washing my hands A LOT and not reusing bathtowels + washcloths.

Already have an appointment with a dermatologist but they can't see me until July.  I phoned around 3 dermatologist.. that is the earliest (December, October, and July).  crazy.

Meanwhile I'll just itch and pat the oozing bumps I guess..
Final answer! Did I win Jeopardy? How much $$$ :>)
If I'm right, I would be looking to change my washing powder, which may be something you have done recently, try finding some thing for babys thats soft on you skin, and of natural soap.
Good luck
Turns out it appears to HAVE been a nasty case of folliculitis.  With the antibiotics, the patches turned very dark, got larger, then a few days later turned white (pus??) and then eventually disappeared completely along with the pain.   Had the area ultrasound today found no lumps and good blood flow. crisis averted.
Actually I changed from briefs to boxers and am using Dreft detergent now (made for babies - smells like baby powder) supposedly easy on the skin.  

The changes can't hurt..
killingtonskier is ... Comment
addict3 commented on READY
Apr 29
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle