Men's Health Community
Bowel Problems!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Bowel Problems!

I have had an ongoing issue with bowel movements for years now. It is very consistantly waterey, loose, etc and numerous times a day. Very literally a pain in the A$$! I have tried a wide range of things from eliminating medications, adding medimucil to my diet, extra fiber, mega priobiotics, and I have even had a colonoscopy within the last 12 mths. I am a 36 yr old male that needs help!
What were the results of the colonoscopy?  That should have revealed most serious possible concerns.

There are many things that can cause digestive upset.  If you eliminated medications and have fiber and probiotics in your diet, I would start considering your diet!  We can grow intolerant to many things - beans, dairy, & gluten, for example.  

If this is going on for years - then my GUESS is that it's something that you're constantly consuming - BUT - your GI doctor that performed the colonoscopy would probably be the best person to rely on as he's familiar with you as a patient and would be most qualified to help you locate what the actual problem is.  They may even be able to prescribe certain medications to lessen the symptoms.
Thank you for your response. The colonoscopy did not reveal any serious concerns, thanfuly.

I guess the next step, since I have tried eliminating medications, etc is to attack my diet. I have two main guesses at the culprit: gluten, and/or alcohol. Both of which are present systematically in my diet. I have started just a straight fiber drink, at least daily, which has shown moderate signs of helping with the issue.

Thanks agian, JGOOMAN!