Men's Health Community
Bruised Penis

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Bruised Penis

My husband went to the Dr. and was told he had a bruised penis which happened during sex. He said it would probably be okay in 4 to 6 weeks.  What I need to know is while it is still swollen if my husband gets a hard on will that break another blood vessel? I didn't ask the Dr. because he seemed embarrassed about the whole thing and couldn't wait to get us out of there. When will it be okay for us to have sex again?  The Dr. said to put ice on it also but my husband says that's the only time it hurts is when I put Ice on it.
Tags: penis, Health
Avatar n tn
Hi,I would refrain from sex for a week to help it heal.I suppose it happen while you were on top of him.I would also hold off on that position for 3 to 4 weeks.Good luck.
If the doctor said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to hea, then that is how long he should avoid sex so he doesn't reinjure it Either that or when he tries and it doesn't hurt might be ok to do it, but be gentle.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your thoughts on this matter but I need to have the answers to my questions does anyone have a clue?
Avatar n tn
Your husband has a fractured penis; the corpora cavernosa (the erectile organ inside the penis) can be broken if the erect penis is suddenly bent.  Just having an erection doesn't normally do it.  Most likely he or you rolled onto his erect penis while you were having sex.  Most likely it won't happen again, with a little bit of care.  But if in doubt, he should ask his health care provider.

Consider posting your question on the MedHelp Urology Forum for a more expert opinion.

HHH, MD
AppleBr commented on photo
Piparskeggr uploaded a new photo
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle