Men's Health Community
Can I get a yeast infection from antiobiotics in my partners sperm?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I get a yeast infection everytime I take antibiotics. My partner and I had intercourse about three days ago. I noticed yesterday that I have developed the symptoms of a yeast infection. My partner is taking antibiotics that he received from his dentist. Is it possible to develop a yeast infection through your partners sperm if he is taking antibiotics?
Actually, this may occur because seminal fluid has been shown to encourage the spore form of candida to grow into the hyphal stem form. The hyphal phase of candida growth has been suggested to be the more active phase for invasion of the vaginal wall by the yeast.  Sperm may also prevent the vaginal policemen, the white blood cells, from adequately fighting off yeast.

Yeast infection is not considered a sexually transmitted disease. But there is a strong association between yeast and other STDs, such as chlamydia. So yeast is considered sexually associated.

In cases where the woman has repeated yeast infections, especially just after sex, a culture of the man's ejaculate may be helpful. This can be done at home after intercourse (the man should use a condom to collect the ejaculate). Alternatively, the man can produce an ejaculate in a container. A cotton swab is dipped into the semen in the condom and then placed in yeast culture broth the woman has been given at the clinician's office. She can return the culture the next day. Culturing the penis will not give helpful information, since it is the seminal vesicles where the yeast may reside. If a man has yeast in the seminal vesicles, he will not have any symptoms but he will need oral treatment to clear the yeast.
Cant comment on the antibiotic element...however I've had a long ongoing problem where if I ejaculate inside of a woman, she is likely to get a yeast infection.  Several docs have said that cant be possible yet enough women have gotten infections after being with me to have me convinced that my ejaculate is causing it.  So I'm on a quest as well to get to the bottom of this.
Get "The Fungus Link" book by Doug Kaufman. Follow the diet!