Men's Health Community
Can Vasectomy cause "blue balls" to be more prevalent?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I am considering a vasectomy... A friend had the "no scalpel" technique which sounds interesting. He thinks it was a great procedure.

I have heard, however, after the vasectomy is done, you can have "blue balls" more frequently even after ejaculation. That it is no longer "cureable" by ejaculation. The theory I heard is that now that the sperm is not expelled, it causes the feeling to continue... Is that crazy? I read this somewhere on the web, but can not find it again...

My worry is that I often have that same "blue balls" feeling if I do not ejaculate on a regular basis. I asked the urologist my Dr refered me to about it and he said it's possible, but he does not know for sure. This guy had very little information to offer.

Anyone know about this? That feeling is so uncomfortable, I would be very disappointed if it occurs even after ejaculation or can not be prevent by regular ejaculation.

Thanks.
no.vasectomy will not change this.
I have blue balls all the time now after my vasectomy... I wish I could afford to have it reversed and go back to condoms... THIS REALLY SUCKS AND SOME IDIOT DOCTORS SHOULD HAVE WARNED US!!!!  

It hurts all the time now... I could handle it in high school and college with a little TLC post-masturbation but now there is no help in sight!!!!
I had a vasectomy performed over two years ago. I am now experiencing facial hair-loss in numerous areas near the jaw line and chin. I did some research on "lopecia. I learned it is related to an autoimmune disorder, which causes the body to essentially fight itself. I then thought to myself "What have I done to myself that may have caused this"? I decided to research the side effects of a vasectomy.... To my surprise, I read the procedure can cause the body to develop an auto-immune condition, caused by the sperm cells absorbing into the blood, because as we all know, it has nowhere else to go! The body then thinks it is being invaded by an unfamiliar substance. Our bodies naturally prevent the introduction of sperm cells into our bloodstream. Our immune system reacts to this and develops an autoimmune condition which, in the end, can cause sudden facial hair loss, and even hair loss to your melon. Is anyone sharing the same experience? I may be jumping to conclusions, but this is why these forums exist, for guys like us who want to know what the heck is going on! Help! My face looks like a defective CHIA pet!!!
I had a vasectomy 9 months ago and have experienced a similar feeling. I'm on here to hear about other people's experience. So far, it seems as though the more often I have sex/masturbation the less frequent the dull pain I experience. At this point I believe the urologist is covering his tail by not claiming to know mutch about my sensations. Any more conversation about this would be helpful.
The congested feeling in the testes that some men feel if they do not have fairly frequent orgasms is sometimes called "blue balls." Some men do not have this feeling.  I know because I've asked quite a few. Personally, I think that men with this feeling who have a history of masturbating to relieve it are at increased risk of developing a chronic ache in the testes after vasectomy. There are no "scientific" papers on this issue.

I have spoken to a lot of men who have had vasectomies and some do complain of a "congested" feeling that goes away for many, but can persist in some.

I have written a paper on Post-vasectomy pain syndrome and created a website about some adverse effects of vasectomy. It is fully referenced and viewable at vasectomypain.org.

Sometimes the symptoms respond to NSAIDS (Motrin, Aleve, etc.) and warm soaks.
Celebrex is available by Rx and has also been tried with some success.
A related discussion, hair loss / pain was started.