Can anal sex/play cause swollen prostate?
Hello.

I'm a 40-year-old gay man who engages in anal play with an over-sized dildo at least once per week.  Since I'm middle-aged (and African-American, though I don't know if this increases my risk), I've been thinking about being screened for prostate cancer, but I'm concerned:  Could my anal play cause my prostate to swell and therefore inappropriately skew the test?  If so, I should probably lay off of anal play for awhile before I get tested, but for how long?
It's a good idea to have a prostate exam since you are 40. I wish I could tell you how long to stay away from anal sex play but I'm not sure. If I had to guess I would say at least a week or so. I hope your exam comes out just fine.  Remar
Hey, remar.  Thanks for the advice and the good wishes.  I reckon that it's time to give that dildo a little vacation.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.