Men's Health Community
Can masterbation(masturbation) cause hair loss?how much is excessive?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I guess this is one of the most common questions.

Can masterbation (masturbation) cause hair loss?
If yes,how much is excessive.?where do we draw the line?

Thanks.

Masterbation cannot cause hair loss.

You can masterbate as much as you like.  There's no "too much or too little."
thanks for the reply.

May i ask how do u know for sure?
just curious?
Coz i read all these theories about DHT leading to male baldness and masterbation (masturbation) increases the level of testosterone which in turn produces DHT etc etc.

any comments on that?
as i am not a doctor and the more we dive into this question the more complex the dematological answers become, i'll try my best to support my answer.  yes it is thought that dht levels are related to pattern baldness, but not in all men.  there are other hormones that counter balance dht levels.  in the case that these high dht levels are not regulated by these other hormones, like testosterone, there are medicines out there to treat the problem.  

in addition, if masterbation (masturbation) caused hair loss, almost all men in the world would be completely bald.  this is, taking into consideration that masterbation (masturbation) is just a way to imitate the feeling of sex in your glans (glands) penis.  so in theroy, have sex would also make your hair fall out.  my knowledge on this subject isn't expansive, but i hope i was able to help clairify my previous statment.
thank you.

you did provide a good example.I did think about it too...and it makes sense.
Thanks again for your help!

cheers!
if you have a genetic hair loss it maybe cause hair loss temperory
Hi. I'm a 32 year old man and I still do it sometimes (masterbate). I have lost nearly all my hair at the front and it's receding at the back now (in the last three years). I noticed the problem when I started to take psychiatric drugs or so I thought, but now I think it might be due to masterbation (masturbation). Also, the skin on my arms has become mottled by goose pimples, I have put on about three stone in three years and I have strange sensations downstairs. What shall I do - I've been used to doing it once a day and now it's once a week. I used to enjoy it but now I'm very frightened that it might be an addiction. Yet it doesn't interfere with normal day to day stuff.... What can I do ? Posted by pepperami32
Omg. I masterbate like 2x a day sometimes 3? I'm 39 year old. No sighns of male baldness but I noticed my hair is thin. Biotin is the solution guys. 3000 mcg a day. Biotin shampoos don't work! Biotin has to get in your blood stream. Also in combo try hairloss solution, you can buy generic brand at Target, 3 months supply for 20 bucks. I put it all over my head. It says crown. But that's because they only did studies for the crown. But it grows hair where you put it. Even your eyebrows.