Can masturbation damage the penis?
Hi, first time I've posted here so sorry if this question has been asked before.

I'm a 16-year-old boy and over the past few months I've noticed that my penis is getting smaller.  I masturbate around 5 times a day and sometimes my penis swells up afterwards and was wondering if the two are connected?

I only became able to ejacacate about a year ago but before that i would masturbate anyway to see if I could yet because all the other boys could.  Anytime I did this the penis swelled up afterwards, like it does if I've been jerking it hard these days.

I once also had a hard on that lasted for hours and hours (like 9) because i was with my girlfriend at the time and we just lay there kissing and cuddling for all that time.  This was before I could ejaculate and think I might have damaged it by being hard for too long before I was physiclly ready.

Could I have damaged it by masturbating too early and too hard?  Does everyone's penis get swollen when they first start masturbating?  My penis is not much smaller but it definitely is a little bit because I've measured it a few times and there's definitely a little difference and as I say the swelling worries me.
Yes masturbating too hard can damage your penis.  It usually only causes chaffing or redness though not swelling.  I don't believe you can damage your penis by trying to masturbate too early.  Also having an erection for 9 hours straight is very bad their is even a medical name for the problem though I can't remember what it is.  If you persist to have erections for very long lengths of time you should definately consult your doctor.  Also it has been medically proven time and time again that you can't shrink your penis by masturbating too much.  Hope I was of help to you.
I sympathise with you greatly as your symptoms almost exactly match mine.  I also experienced them for the first time at around the same age as you and also tried maturbating before I could ejaculate.

As Swanleb says, medical evidence suggests that it is impossible to cause shrinkage by over-masturbating.  At the same time however, medical evidence suggests it is impossible for a penis to shrink at all and the experiences of myself and several other people who post on this forum contradict that opinion.

How bad is the shrinkage?  Is it your length or girth that is affected?  Have you experienced any pain in the area?

The only advice I can give you is to try and not ruin your life by obsessing about it like i did.  Twelve years on from when I first noticed my penis getting thinner it still works, even if I do experience a lot of pain in it and it's not as thick as it once was.  Enjoy life as much as you can, try not to let this bother you and do not let it stop you forming relationships.

Good luck and hopefully you will have more luck in getting the problem resolved than I have.
yes i am a 25 yea old male who wants to gain weight i weight a 130lbs so i started to take amino fuel 1000 a few days ago but after like a day and i half i notice that my penis started to swell with a slight pain, i didn't notice it until after i masturbated but any time before when i would masturbate my foreskin never swelled up could this be from the amino fuel pills by any chance.
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
Best Multivitamins for Men
22 hrs ago by gymdandee
Medium-chain triglycerides
May 24 by gymdandee
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle