Men's Health Community
Change in semen consistency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Change in semen consistency

A few months ago I noticed a change in consistency of my semen. This followed a period of sexual inactivity when our baby was born. I began to notice that the semen had globules in it that looked like and had the consistency of apple jelly or slightly firmer. When these clumps came out, they came out slowly as if their travel was restricted. I had no idea why this was, so I thought possibly that the semen had gone "stale" during the time of dormancy and just needed to be cleared out. And after several weeks it seemed like things were slowly getting back to normal, as I checked it frequently. Then, for a month or more, things seemed to be fine. But now, I'm starting to find those globules in the semen again. When ejaculating, normal consistency semen comes out first, followed by a glob or two of the firmer stuff. There is no pain, but the ejaculation seems to be slightly weaker than in the past, but not drastically weaker. Maybe there's no problem here, but I'd like to know.
1 Comment
Semen can change with the amount of fluids you take, eg not drinking a lot of water can make semen lumpy, on the other hand when drinking lots of fluids semen can become thin and like water.

I have noticed this in the hot Aussie climate that I live in, sometimes when sweating a lot even though I drink a lot of water I still ejeculate what looks like gobules of thick semen, have to say for general health a well being it pays to drink as much water as possible every day, try it and after a few days check and see what your semen looks like.