Men's Health Community
Circumcision - post op shaft skin swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Had a circumcision 6 days ago, the frenulum area is healing well which is a relief as it seems quite a few people have problems with it.  However, on the front of my shaft (i.e. the part can see when Iook down) the foreskin has swollen so it actually hangs over the bottom of the glands.  I can't see the stiches unless I retract it (which does hurt a little).  The skin, when I retract it, looks damp and different in colour.  On top of that it has a bad smell to it - it actually looks and smells exactly like smegma.  I've been washing it as carefully as I can twice a day in the showers so this has got me worried. On top of that there is a lump under the foreskin that is covering the bottom part of the glans (glands), it's hard to touch and tender as well, it feels like the lump is where the stiches would be under the foreskin.  I went to see the Doctor yesterday as there was a light brown liquid coming from this area but he told me that was a type of serum due to the heavy bruising on my penis.  He inspected the rest of it and said it was fine however I am still very worried.  If anyone has any experiences like mine please share, let me know what you did, what happened, etc etc - cheers  
Hi Jim, Wellif it was me I would get back to the hospital and try and get hold of the surgen how did your op and let him see it, why did your doctor not drain it, so get back to the hospital.
Good Luck
The only reason I can think he didn't drain it is that it would require another needle to do so, which would lead to more bruising, which would lead to the problems with the serum already described.  Thanks for your answer man, I'm gonna wait a few days and go back again - I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had a circumcision whereby the swollen foreskin covered the stitches so that they couldn't be seen i.e. what happened, how did you deal with it, how long did it take to heal, etc etc
Hi Jim, look dont wait, get it looked at ASP.
Good Luck