Men's Health Community
Circumcision reversal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Circumcision reversal?

I want to know if there is a procedure to pull skin back over the head of my penis so that I appear normal (uncircumcised). Like many Americans, I was circumcised at birth and, like many Americans, I have hated every minute of it and wished my parents had cared more about what I wanted than what other people were saying. I am not interested in manual restoration (from what I have seen, it means lots of work and pain and doesn't end up looking anything like a real penis anyway). I saw a plastic surgeon once (I live in LA; they're as available as dentists) and he said it might be possible.
Just so you know, women like 'em circumcized.
what do you hate so much if you've never known it any other way?
you can try foreskin restoration or reconstruction and most women prefer an uncircumcised men because of the sexual benefits and non circumcised men have no brain damage or mental problems because of circumcision.

http://www.norm-uk.org/foreskin_restoration_devices.html
http://www.penisdoctor.com/foreskin.html
http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/60750.html
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=236
http://www.nospank.net/prescott.htm
why do women that have never had big breasts want implants?the reason he wants this is for the protection and sexual benefits the foreskin gives.isn't it funny that on this same page a woman wants to be circumcised and a man wants his circumcision reversed?this is why no baby should be circumcised.if you have this surgery it will not look normal either.the normal foreskin has mucosa type skin on the inside this surgery puts outer penile skin on the head of your penis while the manual restoration keeps hairless mucosal skin over the head.the new skin on the shaft of your penis will be your scrotal skin you will need electrolysis on the outer shaft and possibly on your new inner foreskin.and belive me having your penis threaded through your scrotum for three months is very painful.
http://www.psurg.com/fskin.html
http://www.cirp.org/library/restoration/goodwin1/
http://www.phudson.com/GENITAL/uncircumcision.html
http://www.surgeontothestars.com/pages/other_procedures/foreskin_restoration.shtml
circumcision has caused you permanent nerve damage this surgery will cause more nerve damage causing you to feel less pleasure while the manual restoration doesn't cause this.also part of your scrotum that will now be on your penis could have been used at a future date for new eylids or linig of the mouth if you needed it because of an accident or disease.i would reconsider this surgery if i were you.
Studies show over and over that being uncircumsized can be problematic health wise for you but mostly for your partners, it can make you more prone to a variety of ptoblems.

To blame your parents for doing what millions of parents are advised to do when their child is born seems ridiculous to me. I mean, come on. Surgically trying to change it is likely to cause you more problems than it could possibly solve. I say get some counselling about it and find out why you would blame your parents for such a thing. It isn't like you can ask a newborn baby if they prefer to be circumcized or not!
which is exactly why a child should not be circumcised.if you ask the doctor that circumcised you whose fault it is they will say your parents.if you ask your parents they might blame the doctor.so who is to blame?the unethical doctor and your parents.
This is my question (which unfortunately was not answered), so allow me to respond.
Anxiousmomtobe: You should be anxious if you plan on circumcising your kids because you have a sick sexual fetish. I've never forgiven my mother for it and we have probably the best mother-son relationship ever otherwise. She said she knew she shouldn't have, but there was peer pressure. All of my female friends say either it doesn't matter or they find uncircumcised penises fun. I was born in 1982, so attitudes must have changed. My father once said that everyone he knew was circumcised. That's CERTAINLY not the case with me; it's not rare or weird anymore, for guys or girls.
Rita02: What do you mean I've never known it any other way? I have lots of uncircumcised friends. It looks better, more comfortable and none of them wish they were circumcised, whereas most of my circumcised friends would rather not be. Doesn't mean they admit this to their parents, but that's the truth.
Kalio1: I love how you try to make it my fault that my parents screwed up. Again, I was born in 1982, not the middle ages. Nearly half my peers weren't circumcised. My parents knew better and the doctors knew better. They simply made a horrible choice that wasn't theirs to make in the first place. Also, the problems of being uncircumcised are extremely rare (why is the AIDS rate in America 6 times that of Norway, where the procedure is almost never done?), while complications from the procedure are routine, including skin tags, infections, painful sexual intercourse, tearing during sex, and requiring some kind of lotion for masturbation. Your information is skewed by a few perverts who have a circumcision fetish and wish to share this with the world.
I feel like I should share a bit more with you, after thinking more about Kalio1's comment, which really hurt me. It's as if he/she felt my parents were the victims, because they were forced to make a decision without being able to consult me. There was no decision to make, because there was nothing wrong with me. They created this "should we or shouldn't we?" There's no problem with leaving me alone, so why even pretend like there's a question? No one asks themselves "well, my daughter might have small breasts, I should force her to get enhancements now, at 10 years old, so she won't have to face the humiliation of small breasts in a few years." (Actually that's more rational than circumcision, because one is more likely to have small breasts than an infection from being uncircumcised, and the girl could reverse it later). Millions of Europeans are doing just fine, having healthier sex lives and living longer with their whole penis. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents, but it still took me almost 20 years to admit to them how much they had hurt me. You know what? They had no idea. They thought I was cool with it, because I'd never brought it up. Cool with it??!! For nearly two decades, I'd stayed awake at night sweating, because I hated the thought of living my life less than a man. I'd been so disgusted with my body that I nearly threw up. I'd screamed when I was alone, because I was so angry at them. I'd slept in, because I was so depressed about never being able to be normal that I couldn't get up. I was humiliated during sex, because I felt like I was giving the girl less than she deserved. All this and my circumcision was actually successful (I even got to keep my frenulum, thank God, or I wouldn't feel much of anything) and my parents thought I was fine with it. Think again before you come to any conclusions. Your child is suffering inside and it's all because you decided you were a poor victim who had to choose between a stupid elective surgery that does no one any good and treating your child like a human being. Do you know how infuriating and insulting that is?
pdj,

I have been restoring for 3 years, very irregularly, so I should be done already, but kids, family time and stress have gotten in the way.

Partial or full coverage takes months or years by tugging.  It is a slow process.  It also has some (manageable) risks.  

I can tell you this.  The physical pleasure and sensitivity one gets by having just a *little* more mobility to the skin on the penis  is astounding.  For me this took somewhere like a 3-4 weeks, tugging with T-tape.  -That is how most folks get started, until they have enough skin to pull over a tugger.  Note: I was not circ'ed too tightly and do have my  frenelum.   Your mileage may vary.

So initially you don't get much cosmetic change, but tactilely it is a whopping difference.  (I have seen another fellow comment that this sea change took him 4 weeks.) * The glans (glands) becomes super-arousing and sensitive in a good way to touch and pressure and stretching.  You gain a lot of control over your speed of approach to orgasm, and getting there is a LOT more fun.
-You now have a "knob" instead of a "switch", so to speak.

That initial gain takes only a month or two and uses T-tape which is fairly safe and effective.  You could do that and be very very satisfied with the feeling gained.  Cosmetics is another matter.

You could at that point also tape your foreskin shut over your glans (glands) during the day and night and gain a lot of the benefits of coverage -without growing 15 sq. inches of skin.  

Here's the quote:*
"After four weeks of keeping my glans (glands) covered,
I had about the best sex ever in my whole life,
just about what you'd expect in the back seat of a red '75 Impala,
except it was in bed with someone I've lived with for 22 years."

- Rob Roberts

I agree with Roberts.  Every mm of motion will then feel good, which is completely different from how it was when I started.  

So consider T-tape tugging for a month or two.  You might well get a lot for a little inconvenience and a few dollars.  Surgery is kilodollars... and iffy.

Thanks for your post, too.  
SDKSono
I disagree that women "only like 'em circumcised".  

I, like many American women, never saw an uncircumcised man until I met my current husband, who is uncirc'd.  Now I'm an advocate for leaving boys as nature intended.  

We are comfortable with what we are familiar with.  I'm very much against routine infant circumcision.  It is cosmetic surgery done to a human being without their consent.  It can be and is done safely later in life, if the owner of the penis desires it.  
my brother was not circumsized at birth. my mother felt like he would benefit from making that decision himself as he reached adulthood. he had to do alot of cleaning and such, but all was well until he was about ten. he developed a series of infections that would not fully heal. ultimately the doctors suggested having him circumsized and he agreed. (he was in alot of pain) he and my mother both did keep the area clean, it did not seem to matter with regards to his infection.

after surgery my brother was in alot of pain and even went so far as to tell me "they cut half of it off" he's fine now and has no sexual dysfunction from what he has told me. (little man sl*t from what i can tell!)

the point is it was very traumatic to him. i think alot of parents do it at birth because they are afraid their child may go through a similar situation. and i have heard many doctors kinda nudge parents towards infant circumcision by telling them how hard it is to keep clean and uninfected.

penis surgery is risky business. please be sure you want that before going under the knife.
I would strongly advocate against circumcision.  While it is common in the US and the Middle East, it is not common in Europe or the majority of Asia and Africa.  Very few of my male friends are circumcised and none of them have had problems staying clean and free of infection.  
PDJ:

Sorry about your foreskin, man.  I consider myself extremely lucky to be uncircumcised.  I definitely support your decision to restore it.  Oh, and the women who claim to dislike foreskins have probably never seen one.  I've been with plenty of women and never had a complaint.  A penis in its natural state makes sex more pleasurable for both partners.

A note to anxious mom to be:

I don't like inner labia, I think they're ugly.  You should definitely get 'em removed.
i wanted to add another procedure that i found out about to help you.i couldn't find how this surgery is done but i assume that it is to replace the inner foreskin because it is a mucosa like the inside of the mouth.here is the link.     http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2104172.html

and to peekawho unfortunately circumcision is more than cosmetic.it removes function and pleasure.here are some links.  

http://www.urotoday.com/58/browse_categories/erectile_dysfunction_ed/finetouch_pressure_thresholds_in_the_adult_penis.html

http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/
http://www.circumstitions.com/Functions.html
this is the first guy i've ever known to be upset about being circumsized.  I feel bad for you.  Here I am wanting to have my labia removed basically for appearance and you are wanting to make your penis look "different" than most other men (at least in the US).
It just goes to show you that we are never happy with ourselves.
But as a girl, I would prefer circumsized simply because oral sex with an uncircumsized man wouldn't be appealing to me.  It is just my opinion....
You can say what you want about oral sex with a girl and all I can say is...that isn't appealing to me either!  Yes, I enjoy it, but still can't see the desire to perform it.  During one drunken college night- I tried to perform on a girl and was just turned off by it....
PDJ - I can understand that you are unhappy that your parents had you circumcised, but your level of depression, anger and resentment over it seems remarkably high.  I am concerned that you have worried about this so much that you have developed some sort of psychological problem over it.  Is it worth discussing this issue with a therapist before committing yourself to the surgeon's knife?

Your reaction to anxiousmumtobe?'s comment, saying that she had a sick sexual fetish, seems a way over-reaction.  Different people are turned on by different things (just like some men prefer pert breast, some prefer bigger) - if she prefers circumcised penis' that doesn't make her sick.
how much does forskin reversal surgery cost on a variation?
I don't know if this helps, but I had done my research (and this was in 1975) about circumcision and I had decided not to have it done if I had a son.  Well I had to fight with the doc's and nurses at the hospital when it came time for him to be born they wanted me to sign a waiver - I refused and make my wishes know (yet again) that I wanted any son that I might have to decide this for himself when he was an adult.. well I'm in hard labor and honestly I am being given a really hard time by the hospital person... I was considered "causing trouble" until finally a doc came by and intervened and told the nurses to back off.. When I told him I had done the research etc. he interrupted me and said "I agree with you" "he can decide for himself and if it wasn't suppose to be there (foreskin) it wouldn't be there when they are born"  But it was a struggle and they really went on and on at a time when I wasn't in a position (no pun) to argue too much.. they (hospital person) were so brainwashed that the circumcision was "necessary".. Now my son has a son himself and neither of them are circumcised.  It seems as women we are not leaving a lot of room for men to have the same 'feelings" as us when it comes to being traumatized.  I hadly wanted them to put a needle in my new born let alone cut into him!  Now if it were necessary I wouldn't have interferred with them but it was just forced habit and they don't like to be challenged.  If you can maybe give your Mom a break, she may have had to make the decision while in hard labor!  All the best
The cost of foreskin reconstruction varies between $8,000.00-$20,000.00 in US dollars.
I am with you. I am over 70 years old, and I am uncircumsized, and I have had great sex all these years...............and, hope to continue...............and, I think it's a crime to circumcize newborn babies, without their consent...................unless, however they get the consent of the parents.
Happy, Happy Sex
To many times people are circumcised because it is fast money for the doctor.  I had one physician tell me that they make most of their money from procedures and circumcision is a procedure.  There is a few physicians out there that are willing to try everything they can before going to the extreme of cutting it off, but unfortunately most do not think this way.

http://www.ksnocirc.org
http://www.notjustskin.org
  Simple question...would you not want to sue someone if you say, went to the dentist and when you woke up you found that your earlobes had been completely removed without your permission? Wouldn't that make you angry that a discussion to alter YOUR own body was never even discussed with you? Wouldn't YOU want to be the judge of weather or not YOU wanted that done to you?
  I find it very, very offensive that a discussion to surgically alter someone is never even allowed the opportunity to accept or deny the procedure to the patient. It boggles my mind that so many people think there is nothing wrong with that. I was never offered the opportunity to say "no" to the procedure. You can always have it done later in life, but to re-gain your body the way you were born can never be given back.
  I can certainly agree with a lot of what you had to say pdj. It has caused me extreme frustration and anger over the years that so many people see nothing wrong with such a life altering decision.
  If your an expecting mother, or even father then please consider what I've said. Say NO to circumcision as a minor.
Just to help give you some ammo to your argument...please look up page 151 of the December 2002 issue of Playboy Magazine. It speaks volumes to this entire discussion.
In regards to "I have hated every minute of it and wished my parents had cared more about what I wanted than what other people were saying."

How the heck are your parents susposed to know what you want when you are a newborn? You just learn to open your eyes and breathe on your own at that point.

Also, if you feel this way and were indeed circumsized I have a feeling that you probably STILL would find yourself on this forum asking the same thing but in reverse. Saying you want to be circumsized, blah blah. Just enjoy what you have man!

You will get a lot more oral action then if you were circumsized as well...just from experience and girl talk with my female friends.
How the heck are your parents supposed to know?

They aren't,which is why removing body parts is a bad decision.

you probably STILL would find yourself on this forum asking the same thing but in reverse.

Maybe,but probably not.Most people that have not lost body parts are happy to have them.But either way it would be his choice which is now gone.

Do you have any body parts that you wish your parents had removed?Or that you wish had not been removed?

If a woman is so shallow that she wouldn't be with a man because he is circumcised or not,does anyone really want to be with a person like that?All people deserve better than that.
It is really gross that you have this "blame the victim" mentality.  To belittle someone and make assertions that if he weren't complaining about this it would be something else--something of a "quit yer bichin" attitude.   There are a lot of very serious physiologic and emotional issues associated with this form of involuntary genital mutilation. Grow some compassion!

I am so sorry your parents did this to you as I am for doing it to my own son. Almost immediately after the procedure I have been regretting it. I married into a family of idiots and ignorants who would never care about your reasons not to do it and I not only let them influence my decision but was even more stupid for not doing my own research on time.  My husband has never made a decision by himself and concequently wasn't an advocate and still isn't  for his own son.  There is no way I can ever make up for that.  I can just say sorry. Sorry I and other moms deprived you our little miracles of something so important and with so many physical and emotional reprecautions.  Sorry to you and to my dear son.
I think you need to work on your feelings more than your actual body... Many men in the US are circumsized and their parents made that decision to the best of their knowledge. These men don't hold grudges toward their parents. In the past, many doctors/hospitals advise parents to go for circumcision because there is a health risk difference, not only for the boy, but for his future partner. A woman is more likely to get HPV from an uncircumsized man than from one who is circumsized. The percentages are small, but they are still there. Your parents did what they thought was BEST for you and yet you are mad at them? How about feeling happy that they care for you and only wanted to protect you by doing this. They did what they thought was good for your health and well being. At the time, there wasn't too much information out there. You need to get over your anger toward your mother and forgive her. She has not done anything wrong. It's not like she was trying to go out of her way to make you unhappy. Don't blame your mom for your unhappiness. It is not her fault that you are unhappy. Happiness is your own, and only you can decide to be happy or not.
I was born in 1983 and also hate the fact that I was circumcised.  In my case, my family is Jewish, and I was moderately severely circumcised because this is what the virus of Judaism says you have to do to your son.  My mother had remembered learning about circumcision in Hebrew school, and the moment she knew she had given birth to a son, she and my aunt found a mohel, a Jewish ritual infant penile mutilator she she paid to have me circumcised in their home on my 8th day.  My family all thinks I'm crazy for thinking I shouldn't have circumcised...they think either it doesn't matter or that the mutilation is good.  My mother wasn't happy about getting me circumcised, but she also wasn't unhappy, she just thought she was doing her duty as a Jewish mother.  The hospital, in Southfield Michigan, wasn't automatically going to automatically circumcise, and she didn't have a problem getting me home without being traumatized in the hospital.  So, I suspect that if it was not for the virus of Judaism, I wouldn't have been circumcised.  Just about all Jewish boys are traumatized this way, even if the parents otherwise are not at all religious. Shame on the virus of Judaism for hurting me this way and never let this happen to your son!  
Ok..you realty should stop being selfish and blaming your parents...the reason Aids is lower in Norway has nothing to do with circumsions...it has to do with better sex ed...there are better health benefits to being circumcised than not being circumcised...You want to go back to facts the Jewish community has been practicing it for over 2000 years and if it was so bad that would not continue to be done...so quit. Winning and be happy that your parents did you a favor..because trust me it doesn't make a difference sexually...from personal experience..I have been pleasured by circumcised and uncircumcised men and felt the same disappointment from circumcised as well..it has to do with how its done..not the extra penis skin.. you need to stop acting like a crying child and be a man ...WE WOMAN DON'T LIKE FORESKIN OR CRY BABIES IT'S A BIG T.O. and playing the innocent victim and blaming your parents please get over it..next thing you know you with start blaming your parents for your insecurities because you didn't get a brand new Porsche at 16.
It doesn't make a difference sexually?  You really think that?  

Circumcision removes a massive amount of nerves that can never be regrown, and the constant exposure of the glans (glands) further desensitizes things.  

Me and my first girlfriend lost our virginity together.  I loved her very much, but I couldn't have an orgasm with her until the 4th or 5th time weeks later.  She was beautiful and smart, and thoroughly convinced she just wasn't good enough because it was always so difficult for me to have an orgasm with her.  

As a cut guy gets older he's only capable of orgasm through harder, and rougher sex.

Yes, it's been done for thousands of years.  You know the ancient egyptians circumcised their slaves?  You think they had the best interest of their slaves in mind?

The ideal behind circumcision in the Jewish faith is centered around reducing pleasure to stop masturbation.  It's no different to some of the types of female circumcision.

It's a barbaric crime against human dignity.  

Sorry, but the Jewish roots of circumcision go way back to Abraham and the 'covenant' requirement of God to do such. It has nothing to do with masturbation or any other sexual activity..but to separate the Jewish ppl from all others..however fyi it has been found that medically the 8th day is the most ideal day to perform circumcision, for the health of the child there is less likelihood to bleed excessively or infection in the new wound, other things that i cannot recall..in Biblical/Jewish history the no.8 is also the covenant number which also represents an eternal covenant with God & those performing the circumcision..in fact they used to cut around the base of the wedding ring fingers of the 2 marriage partners and mingle their blood as an eternal covenant..perhaps we need 2get back 2 that kind o thinking?? Also, i have heard over & over that it is healthier for both husband & wife..(i have my own theories as to why it is called 'foreskin' & why God required it)  : )
Please don't play the blame game..most people have body issues of some kind, i can think of much worse, learn to forgive and love yourself as you are, the right woman will love you for WHO you are..and you are much LESS likely to find any woman if you live in the 'poor me' syndrome, & you are likely to attract the wrong person..i feel more sorry for people who suffer with self pity than a circumcised penis..i personally think asthetically circumcised is more attractive, just my personal preference..either way doesn't seem to make any functional difference, some seem to argue on that point tho'  : |
I still think if you can just accept yourself as you are you will do just fine in a relationship..most dysfunction is caused by anxiety...best of luck KLB
I hope this sheds some VALUABLE information to this post and helps many men & women with the whole debate on circumcision
http://www.circinfo.net/
SUMMARY of the article @   http://www.circinfo.net/

Circumcision of males represents a "surgical vaccine" against a wide variety of infections, adverse medical conditions and potentially fatal diseases over their lifetime, and also protects their sexual partners. In experienced hands, this common, inexpensive procedure is very safe, and can be pain-free. Although it can be performed at any age, the ideal time is infancy. The benefits vastly outweigh risks.

The public health benefits are enormous, and include protection from urinary tract infections, that are common over the lifetime, inferior genital hygiene, smegma, sexually transmitted HIV, oncogenic types of human papillomavirus, genital herpes, syphilis and chancroid, penile cancer, and possibly prostate cancer, phimosis, paraphimosis, thrush, and inflammatory skin conditions such as balanitis and balanoposthitis. In women circumcision of the male partner provides substantial protection from cervical cancer, genital herpes,  bacterial vaginosis (formerly termed "gardnerella"), possibly Chlamydia (that can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, and ectopic pregnancy), and other infections.

Circumcision has socio-sexual benefits and reduces sexual problems with age and diabetes. It has no adverse effect on penile sensitivity, erectile function, or sensation during sexual arousal and is reported to enhance the sexual experience for men. Most women prefer the circumcised penis for appearance, hygiene, lower infection risk and sexual activity. At least half of all uncircumcised males will develop one or more problems over their lifetime caused by their foreskin, and many will suffer and die as a result. The benefits exceed the risks by over 100 to 1, and if fatalities are taken into account in men and their sexual partners the benefit is orders of magnitude higher than this. Given the convincing epidemiological evidence and biological support, routine circumcision should be highly recommended by all health professionals.

Much much more worthwhile info at the above link...just maybe God does KNOW a little bit more than the rest of us..espec those who 'think' they have all the answers for every thing known to humanity.

After thousands of years of doing our 'own thing' and making such a mess of it, you'd think we'd be more inclined to listen to His wisdom??

Maybe we should be advocating infant penile circision instead of the female vaccination against cervical cancer caused by the human papiloma virus, which has NO guarantee except to stuff up a woman's immune system further and leave behind more human interferance footprints in the human DNA pool...just my thoughts
You can't ask a newborn if he wants to be circumcised or not. It is exactly why parents should wait until the boy/man is old enough to make that decision. He is at the end of the scalpel, I would hope that he is the most important person to make that decision as it is his body that will be affected for the rest of his life. Boys will not cause any type of cancer to any woman before they are sexually active. Personal hygiene and safe practices are part of learning as we grow up. A woman has much more fold of skin and we don't cut it off.

For those who said why you care, you have never known otherwise: This is such an insensitive thing to say. He wants to reverse it because he got educated (as opposed to his parents when they made the decision) and he knows He doesn't want his body to be altered this way. Normal or the way it was designed is always better. It's not for you to say how he should feel about being circumcised. He was robbed of a decision and he is paying the price for something his parents wanted because of what other people told them, not because they had their newborn boy's best interest in life. That he would cause cervical cancer in adulthood is NOT looking at the bests interest of him. A baby, a boy can't do that. By the time he can, he is old enough and educated enough to know what he wants for his body.
"During one drunken college night- I tried to perform on a girl and was just turned off by it...."

And you should, 'cause that's not normal to have gay sex while drunk. At least make that choice while you are not drunk to know for sure it's for you. I also hope you stopped that practice because you are really asking for trouble and getting a number of STDs when you are influenced by alcohol and your decision making is impaired. This comment and the fact that you want to be circumcised as a woman says a lot about you and how much your decision is based on research and education. Oral sex preference with whoever comes along while drunk is not research. Do you even have any idea what female circumcision means? Look it up. Watch is on youtube. Do your research and get educated.
A turn off?  That is YOUR opinion mam. Please refer to the 2002 article, found on page 151 of PLAYBOY magazine.

And if you scoff at the magazine, I think you'd be surprised that there are a LOT of informative and accurate articles in there.  Not to mention LOTS of sex related articles... things like foreskin and the like.

Again... a turn off?  *Your* opinion mam.
My oppologies to anxiousmomtobe.  I meant my previous post to be "aimed" at:   pujolsgrl05

And no... mommies can't read their children's minds. So, it's up to us adults to BE their voice, for they have none.  I sure as he!! couldn't talk when I was first born. I wish someone like me would have stepped up to the plate and told the doctor to step back, was  a surgery I never needed, OR wanted.
  Forgive me for making *yet another* reply to this post. I'm just very passionate about this. I know I keep referencing an article in Playboy magazine. And I decided to see if I could find it. I failed.  So, I dragged out my dusty magazine collection, flipped to the page, and did a more intense search on it. It paid off, I found the article.   There is a bit of adult content in the reading, but I feel the honesty being presented in the article adds enough weight to this discussion. I hope AS AN ADULT anyone will take a look at this article:

http://www.playboy.co.uk/article/16954/centrefolds-on-sex-heidi-mark

Please, lets all try to be mature about this, I'm putting this out there for anyone who wants to hear all sides of it. Of course there is a whole highly educated portion of this on my favorite website, just be sure to have a box of tissues if you visit here, because it's quite sad:  nocirc.org
Some of the latest research

http://sciencenordic.com/male-circumcision-leads-bad-sex-life

November 14, 2011

Circumcised men have more difficulties reaching orgasm, and their female partners experience more vaginal pains and an inferior sex life, a new study shows.

Study Links Circumcision to Personality Disorder,Erectile Dysfunction

http://www.mensstudies.com/content/2772r13175400432/?p=a7068101fbdd48819f10dd04dc1e19fb&pi=4

Circumcised men had age adjusted alexithymia scores 19.9 percent higher than the intact men and were 4.53 times more likely to use an erectile dysfunction drug.Alexithymia is the inability to process emotions

Male circumcision and sexual function in men and women in Denmark

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/06/13/ije.dyr104.abstract

Conclusions Circumcision was associated with frequent orgasm difficulties in Danish men and with a range of frequent sexual difficulties in women, notably orgasm difficulties, dyspareunia and a sense of incomplete sexual needs fulfilment. Thorough examination of these matters in areas where male circumcision is more common is warranted.

circumcised men reported more partners and were more likely to report frequent orgasm difficulties after adjustment for potential confounding factors [11 vs 4%, ORadj = 3.26; 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.42–7.47], and women with circumcised spouses more often reported incomplete sexual needs fulfilment (38 vs 28%, ORadj = 2.09; 95% CI 1.05–4.16) and frequent sexual function difficulties overall (31 vs 22%, ORadj = 3.26; 95% CI 1.15–9.27), notably orgasm difficulties (19 vs 14%, ORadj = 2.66; 95% CI 1.07–6.66) and dyspareunia (12 vs 3%, ORadj = 8.45; 95% CI 3.01–23.74). Findings were stable in several robustness analyses, including one restricted to non-Jews and non-Moslems.

Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse

http://news.menshealth.com/is-your-circumcision-making-you-soft/2011/11/02/

Is Your Circumcision Making You Soft?

Researchers surveyed 300 men and found that circumcised fellas had a 4.5 times greater chance of suffering from ED than noncircumcised guys.

One reason: Circumcised penises can experience up to a 75 percent reduction in sensitivity compared to non-snipped members, according to a study published in the British Journal of Urology International.

Thank you "tlh777" bottom line is I'll never get to have back what was *taken*  from me... or to better put is "hacked off of me with a scalpel by a butcher who calls himself a surgeon" is the more accurate way to put it.   Sorry, I'll try to be a little more un-biased. As was mentioned more than once in this discussion if a grown adult wants to have this done, then there is no reason they cant. So, I'll try to refrain from calling the surgeon a butcher.

I keep re-reading this discussion as I feel it gives me a great deal of education. So many good links, and experiences. I just noticed a single line earlier in the discussion that should sound like a large gong or something.

Earlier (the 12th reply to this thread) I noticed the perfect way that "peekawho"  had a line at the end of her comment.  "If the OWNER of the penis desires it."   Did you catch that? The O W N E R of the penis.  How much more perfectly can you put it than that?

Thank you tlh777 and peekawho. That comment in case you don't want to scroll up by peekawho:    

Jun 29, 2007

Why would god want you to harm your sons for life?

If it's a covenant with God, that's great, but a child can not have that promise made for them by their parents.          

Religion is fine with me, but it has no place in making medical decisions.

And the idea that your doing your son a favor, insuring his health and well being by having the most sensitive part of his penis amputated, makes even less sense than having a baby girls breasts removed so there's no chance she could ever get breast cancer 30 years down the line.

Personally speaking, things don't work as well as they should with a circumcised penis.  And unfortunately, it's not anxiety, or just a bad self image.  I wondered what was wrong with me over the years, but had no idea what circumcision even was until later in life.  

The negative experience isn't limited to me.  It's no wonder why so few men come forward against this.  What man would want to admit to anyone "I have sexual dysfunction because my parents paid an extra $30 to have my penis mutilated at birth!"