Concern about Fertility bc of undescended testicles
Hello my name is Alex and I live in the UK.
I am 24 years old and am beginning to plan a family with my girlfriend who is 26.
I had an operation when I was 6 yrs old because I had undescended or moving testicles. I was born prematurely, so I know this is the reason. I had both testicles affected. Since then I have had normal ejaculations and sexual urges, and there was never any pain etc.
I have been worried as of late due to the large amount of negative infromation about undescended testicles and fertility problems. I have not been able to find any information as to whether men who have had this operation on both testicles can have children at all. I have not visited a clinic for a sperm evaluation, but am getting worried as to my potential to have children with my girlfriend. Any help or information would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Doug
   Since you have had normal pubertal development, I hope you need not have to worry about the fertility aspect, even though generally such operations in case of undescended testicles are recommended to be done before one year from birth to ensure that the functionality of the testes is not lost. In any case, a complete semen analysis only can confirm the fertility aspect and I would suggest you to get it done before the marriage.
Solace
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle