Continuation of 'Penis hard when flaccid' thread...
Hey guys. I've been suffering from a similar problem as most of you. Most days penis is smaller and hard when flaccid, lowered sex drive, can't get full erections in this state like I used to, rarely get morning wood, when erect penis it's so stiff that you cannot bend it left and right slightly, and so on. In my case however all this goes away after I don't masturbate or have sex for about 5 days. Then upon ejaculation the 'hard flaccid penis' comes back to haunt me.

For me this started 6 months ago after one night when I had done ecstacy. I've found at least 3 other people on the internet with the exact same problem that started after a night on ecstasy. I've done countless research online and went through every forum with people who report 'hard flaccid penis'. A lot of us share the same symptoms which leads me to believe that the problem derives from one source, be it poor circulation, nerve damage, or imbalanced hormones, but yet nobody has made the connection.  

I too suffer from a back injury as some others, but I definitely ruled out the theory that this is caused by spine problems. My back pains come and go, but the penis problem is uncorrelated. In my particular case I am convinced that this was brought by ecstacy becasue others have reported the exact same symptoms and timing. This could mean that E either messed up my serotonin levels, or messed up my circulation somehow. Heat does help 'soften' up my flaccid penis somewhat as others have mentioned. Also there is a possbility that I, as well as many of you, have some form of prostatitis. We need to go get that checked out. If that is the case than the good news is that it is treatable.

So I've narrowed it down to three possibilities for my case:
- Prostatitis
- Unbalanced circulation or hormone levels caused by the MDMA
- some weird STD (I've had unprotected sex numerous times, but this option is very unlikely as it started the morning after I have done mdma).

I am going to get checked out next week and I will post my findings.
In the case that this is due to some circulation problems amongst most of us, from my research I recommend you all to start taking Omega-3 fish oils and L'arginine ethyl ester (helps increase and improve blood flow) on a daily basis. Further look into Ginko Biloba, but I'm unsure about the effectiveness of this. Also wrap a hot towel around your penis once a day.
If this is due to hormonal imbalances, such as serotonin levels in my case, then the key is a balanced diet, a multi-vitamin, sunshine, physical exercise and give your penis a lot of rest. Perhaps try to go for weeks without sex if possible.

I have just started applying all of this for myself. I'm going to a doctor next week and will post my results. Whoever has valid imput or knows a thing or two around medicine and neuroscience please share! We are going to get through this with doctors or without!

This discussion is related to Penis hard even in flaccid state.

yeah sorry i didnt realise it was an australian company. I do live in Australia but I have seen at least 3 or 4 different brands of basically the same thing here. Depending on where you live you should be able to go to a health food store and buy something.
If you can buy some magnesium in powder form and then get a multi-vitamin it should in theory do the same. So maybe write down the ingredients from the nutrimedicine website and see what you can find.
it seems your right.. I cant find an overseas powder like this one which seems weird?
another brand is blackmores magnesium powder which is the same thing. It is an australian brand but will be alot easier to buy online and ship overseas if you need to.
I have taken this paragraph from the blackmores website:

"Magnesium is essential for many cellular functions, particularly those functions involved in energy production, and for the normal functioning of muscle and nerve tissue. Signs of low magnesium levels can include fatigue, mental confusion, irritability, muscle cramps, problems with nerve conduction and muscle contraction, insomnia and predisposition to stress.

If the blood is low in magnesium it takes it from the muscles and without enough magnesium in muscles they stiffen up or contract. The result may be painful cramps, irritability, twitching or even tremors. Some people may develop muscle cramps at rest, while others develop them at night, along with a difficulty sleeping. Magnesium may help to relieve night leg cramps and helps all muscles in the body to function optimally."

So you can see that it starts to make sense that the problem is a magnesium deficiency.

What were your symptoms buddy9 ?
Did you have poor erections which would die down really quickly without constant stimulation, and 'firm flaccid' which would sometimes be completely relaxed, and sometimes completely tensed and shrunken ?

Also  what gave you the idea that magnesium would help ?
my symptoms included firm flaccid, no sex drive, frequent urination, stress/anxiety/depression and lack of energy. I didnt get any spontaneous erections and although I could mantain one with my girlfriend she made the comment that it was a different size everytime even if it was rock hard.
I discovered that if I drank alcohol the night before that my flaccid would be better the next day and I would even have a sex drive for a day or two. So I started researching why. I came to the conclusion that alcohol was a smooth muscle relaxant so i kept looking into that and found magnesium. I tried tablets for a few months with not alot of success and I tried l-arginine for 2 months with no breakthrough either. So I decided to track down magnesium oil to see if that would help. I had trouble finding it and it was suggested that I try this powder, so I bought some. After three weeks on the powder I was feeling alot better and started adding the l-arginine I had left over and after just 4 days of arginine I got the biggest spontaneous erection Ive ever had!! I honestly couldnt believe it. I finally found the mag oil and started using that in the afternoon and was feeling even better. I dont need to take arginine anymore as ive had morning/night erections for months now and mostly all of my symptoms have disappeared.

My penis is bigger then its ever been. my glans had developed a pale greyish colour before I started and now it is red. So the blood flow has increased dramatically.
Ok, and where did you put the magnesium oil, in a bath or something ?

rub the oil directly on to your skin. you dont need much, about 5 ml a day.
Ok buddy9, you suggested I take a shot with the blackmores magnesium powder which is what I am certainly going to do. But I am slightly skeptical in how its effectiveness will be. Well, actually moderately skeptical, and here is why. In total, there are less ingredients in this powder, than there are in the Nutrimedicine one.

Let me match up the ones that BOTH have

Nutrimedicine                 vs                     Blackmores
Folic acid 150 mcg                               Folic acid 150 mcg
Selenomethionine 65 mcg                  Selenomethionine 62.5 mcg
Vitamin B6 50 mg                             Vitamin B6 50 mg
Vitamin B12 150 mcg                        Vitamin B12 20 mcg (big diffrenc)
Chromium Nicotinate 500 mcg          Chromium Nicotiniate 400 mcg
Taurine 600 mg                                 Taurine 500 mg
Nicotinamide 20 mg                          Nicotinamide 25 mg
Vitamin C  128 mg                            Vitamin C 100 mg
Vitamin B1 25 mg                               Vitamin B1 25 mg
Glumatine 500 mg                             Glumatine 500 mg
Elemental magnesium 303 mg           Elemental mag. 310 mg
Zinc Ascorbate 30 mg----------------------- Doesnt have any
Doesnt have any------------------------------- Vitamin B2 5 mg
Inulin 280 mg  ----------------------------------Doesnt have any
Magnesium Ascorbate 60 mg-------------Doesnt have any
Potassium Ascorbate 23 mg---------------Doesnt have any
Magnanese Chelate 50 mg-----------------Doesnt have any
Doesnt have any--------------------------------Levocarnitine 100 mg

And those are the major differences marked between these two formulas, based on if there is a dotted line from one side to another. It seems the magnesium 300 biocomplex you have is superior, which is why I still of course will be buying the Blackmores powder, but I am afraid it may not even be effective based on what is missing here. WHat do you think, what should I do?

It should be fine... I would say the nutrimedicine powder is superior but there is no reason why the blackmores wont work.
My theory is that the glutamine and taurine combined with the good absorption of magnesium from the powder form is where the results come from compared to tablets.
So in my opinion the blackmores has everything you need.
I just got Magnesium Oil from Magnesium Direct. will that work in place of the powder? Also, do you rub it on the penis or just on your skin?
it should work fine. I dont apply it to my penis I just rub it on my forearm and chest. It can be harsh on your skin so I dont recommend applying it to your groin or any sensitive areas. it will work its way into your blood stream and go all around your body anyway.
As i said in my last post I suspect the amino acids in the powder contributed to my good results. So maybe try an essential amino acid supplement aswell if you want.
you should feel the difference after only a few weeks with the oil so let me know how it goes.
Let me see if I can sum up possible remedies we have come up with:

- (the least common one being scar tissue on the inside of the penis, and checking for it)

- Getting an MRI to see if there is any nerve entrapment

- alpha blockers

- castro oil for some degree of relief (only really brings back a bit of softness to flaccid and erections so that erections are not ridiculously rigid and unbendable aka "super stiff state"

- magnesium oil plus magnesium powder (either blackmores magnesium powder or nutrimedicine's 300 mag biocomplex powder)

- epsom salt baths (an inferior way to get magnesium in comparison to magnesdium oil, although stillllllll better than magnesium being absorbed through the digestive tract)

- pelvic floor therapy (as there are many symptoms we are having of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

- "shock therapy" (3 times a day, get in the shower and flush hot water on the pernieum for 3-5 minutes, followed by cold water for the same amount of time. Afterwards, repeat those steps then to end,, flush with luke warm water for a few minutes

- stretching all muscles below the waist such as quadricepts, etc may slightly help as these being nice and flexible promote blood flow to the pelvic region

I know there are probably a few other suggestions here, can anyone chime in as to what they are. And has ANYONE succeeded yet?

(also, I am abstaining for the next 2 months and will NOT be inducing any erections)
Good summary. I am going down the path of Magnesium Oil (on arms and legs) along with Magnesium Pills. I also have doc perscriptions for Potaba (which is supposed to cut down on fibrous tissue) and Pentixifylline (which is supposed to increase blood flow). I have had this issue for about 7 years so I am hoping to see some results. I doubt I would be able to find a doctor to approve an MRI. I did have the ultra-sound and they said there was no issue. Hopefully, someone has some success.

do a search for "chronic inflammation magnesium" and you will find some literature on exactly what the problem is. Which is smooth muscle contraction caused by chronic low-grade inflammation. Inflammation causes scar tissue so once it is resolved the scar tissue will break down as was the case with me. Enzymes breakdown scar tissue and magnesium is responsible for the activation of over 400 enzymes.

I also had this for a long time and I know this because my penis looks completely different now.

Its also important to look into why you might have a magnesium deficiency and change your lifestyle accordingly. Although I originally said alcohol temporarily relieved my symptoms it was actually making it worse in the long run.
If you smoke tobacco or marijuana then you need to stop as this will cause inflammation. Recreational drugs are probably the best way to get a magnesium deficiency.
Soda drinks will also cause inflammation by depleting magnesium so they need to be stopped aswell, especially the artificially sweetened ones. Or it could be that you have malabsorption problems, so you could look into that too.

I have been on the powder and oil for 4 months continously and I consider myself cured now. However I dont know what would happen if I stopped and i have read it can take up to a year to reverse magnesium related problems. So I will probably keep doing it until I reach a year and see if I can work my way off them.

I dont recommend abstaining for 2 months.
once you start on the magnesium then 1 month should be plenty.
When the blood is rich in magnesium then it needs to be worked into the tissue through masturbation/sex to reverse the condition.
prior to doing this I never had the urge to ejaculate and could literally go weeks without doing it.
after a month you should start to feel your libido pick up and when it does, ejaculate and then wait for the sensation to build up again and repeat the process. At first it may take a week for the sensation to come back but it will get more frequent and thats when you will see the best results.
even if the urge doesnt come back after a month start doing it anyway once a week as it will help the process along.
Well nocturnal erections would totally reverse this theory. I don't neeeeed to ejaculate, the magnesium will get into those tissues through sponatneous erections and nocturnal ones. Doesnt that make perfect sense
Were you having any erection problems prior to curing yourself with the magnesium powder ? If so, what problems were you having.
Yes they would not stay up on their own they would need stimulation to stay up, they would also go down significantly quickly if I stood up. My erections also would have around lets say 1/5 an inch of girth less almost every erection. Very rarely VERYYYYY rarely do I get a natural feeling erection. It has been so long I don't know what a healthy erection is anymore. But I do know now that the erections I am having are not normal. As a man, you can tell.
I have been on a program of Potaba/Magnesium Pills (1000MG)/ and Magnesium Oil for about two weeks. Not really seeing much improvement though I do see how alcohol makes you feel better on a short-term basis. Anyways, wondering if it will take longer doing it the way I have or if I should be utilizng the powder? Thanks.
Just to add, I have undertaken more exercising and eating better (less sugar).
Any updates, guys? We can't let this thread die...

I've been using 5mL of magnesium oil, once a day, on my chest, arms and back, for about 2 weeks. I'm noticing some improvement, even without abstaining from sex. I'm going to order Blackmores Magnesium Powder later this month to push the recovery process faster.

By the way, if you can tolerate the stinging of magnesium oil on your penis, it really really helps the hard flaccid to soften up. Like, when the oil is on my penis, it shrinks up very small (due to the stinging sensation) but within a few minutes of rinsing with a wet washcloth, my flaccid does a complete 180. Tiny and hard to big and mushy.

Just apply it to the shaft and NOT the head.

buddy9, are you still around? I'm eager for more advise on all this magnesium supplementation.
My firm flaccids been really good lately.. no firm flaccid at all for weeks.. it only occasionaly re-appers breifly if i have a ton of adrenaline pumping through my body or my pelvic floor is tense..

You guys need to investigate relaxing/massaging the pelvic floor.. and toning down the nervous system.. also I really reccomend trying not to worry about it so much, I know its almost impossible, ive been there, but it WILL help you.. this is not permanent and causes no permanent damage to the penis.. so dont freak out. Stay positive!!
sorry for the late reply ive been on holiday.
Its hard for me to say how long it will take individual people to see significant results as it depends on how far along the problem is. at least give it 2 months as you will see results at some stage.
my erection quality was only really affected by this in the last year. But my flaccid was definately firm and to put it into perspective I am 1/2 inch thicker and 3/4 inch longer now. I would say it is just genetics as to why it didnt effect my abilty to get an erection as I would of had a firm flaccid for 5-6 years, so if it is effecting your ability then it may take a bit longer.
As I said earlier l-arginine works alot better with magnesium so that will definately help things along if your erection quality is lacking.

I dont know why the powder is so effective? the only thing I can think of is the amino acids that are added to it. I know taurine is a smooth muscle relaxant so it certainly helps.  Initially its good to get as much as you can as long as you are not having side effects.

Your skin might react to the oil at the start but just put some aloe vera or similair on until your skin gets used to it. Foot baths are supposed to be quite good to get your magnesium levels up so you can try putting some oil in a hot foot bath too if you want.
hey guys

So as you probably know I've been posting at the other forum all these months. At the 'sexual exhaustion' forum. Link is in one of my posts above if you're interested.

I learned a ton about hormones and neurotransmitters over the months. I finally got a blood and saliva test that I needed for hormones and a urine test for all vitamins, minerals and amino acids (neurotransmitters). Got the first test results. Urine is on the way.

Results:

Cortisol Morning: 2.7 range: 3.7-9.5 *
Cortisol Noon: 2.7 range: 1.2-3.0
Cortisol Evening: 4.5 range: 0.6-1.9 *
Cortisol Night: 1.5 range: 0.4-1.0 *

Estradiol: 48 range: 12-56
Testosterone: 721 range: 400-1200 (age dependent)
SHBG: 50 range: 15-50
Ratio: T/SHBG: 0.5 range: 0.7-1.0 *
DHEAS: 231 range: 70-325

PSA: 1.9 range: <0.5-4 (optimal 0.5-2)
Free T4: 1.8 range: 0.7-2.5
Free T3: 3.1 range: 2.5-6.5
TSH: 5.5 range: 0.5-3.0 * <--- think the range was supposed to be 0.5-5
TPO: 16 range: 0-150 (70-150 borderline)

* = out of range
PSA = Prostate Specific Antigen)
TPO = thyroid peroxidase antibodies

I don't expect many of you to be able to interpret the results. So here's what's happening:
Btw my symptoms are still the same they had been since this started: hard flaccid comes and goes, sex drive comes and goes, brain fog morning after ejaculation and so on...

Results - as you can see everything is messed up, as expected.
Cortisol - is a stress hormone that adrenal release. My morning cortisol is below range meaning my adrenals have ran out of their morning cortisol supply (early adrenal fatigue) and then high later at night meaning adrenals and working hard to catch up, and my natural rhythm is off. So my adrenals are in pretty bad shape, but not horrible.
The T3, T4, and TSH is thyroid function. Adrenals, thyroid, sex hormones and neurotransmitters are all connected and work as a system. Since cortisol is low, thyroid function went down over time. Since I left this untreated for a year and a half (had this for year and a half), I am now also pretty much hypothyroid as well. High TSH is bad, and low T3 is bad. Being hypothyroid means body temperature is lower than should be, tireness...

My total testosterone seems OK, could be worse. However free testosterone (which is not on the list) is very low. This is because SHBG is very high. SHBG keeps eating up free testosterone and because of that I also have very high Estradiol. High estradiol in the liver causes liver to under perform and causes inflammation 24/7. Inflammation is in the form of Prostaglandin E2, which causes the hard flaccid. So the hard flaccid is basically caused by a bunch of things mainly being high estradiol, low free testosterone, and high norepinephrine (sympathetic dominance) due to low cortisol (adrenal fatigue).

So things are pretty MESSED UP... but all that is 100% fixable.

Ok before I forget:

First, FORGET DR. RICHARDS. THE GUY IS A QUACK.. HE'S SOME RANDOM DUDE FROM ROMANIA WHO COPY PASTED EVERYTHING FROM DR. LINS WEBSITE. HIS SUPPLEMENTS WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU AND HE DOESNT KNOW **** IN GENERAL. I'M SORRY I DIDNT POST THIS EARLIER. HOPE NONE OF YOU FELL VICTIM FOR THAT SCAMMER'S PRODUCTS.

Next, since Prostaglandin E2 is the final product of all the imbalances we can mask symptoms by inhibiting prostaglandin E2.
At the other forum we found out that Tylenol extra strength does this very well. The ingredients of tylenol should be: 500 mg acetaminophen and 10 mg dextromethorphan. These goal of these two ingredients is to reduce prostaglandin E2! Together they do it very well.
The first time I took 2 tylenol pills, within 30 mins my hard flaccid completely subsuded! Mood was elevated, and later when I jerked off I noticed that premature ejaculation is GONE. (The guy that originally started taking it, started taking it because it made his PE gone for good).
So I was taking it for a week and then it started loosing its effectiveness. Long story short right now if I take it the effects are very minimal. And considering how bad my hormones are that explains it. I need to fix hormones first (the root) and tylenol will be the last step to combat premature ejaculation.
For anyone willing to experiment, go for it. BUT: tylenol is hard on the liver. If you are gonna be committed to taking it long term (I know I am, probably for life every other day. I know someone doing it already), then you need to take supplements to cleanse the liver and prevent problems.
Those supplements: milk thristle, NAC, and if you can afford SAMe.
Those will ensure that liver methylation pathways stay working properly without buildup/clog. A possible reason why tylenol stopped working for is because liver is not working well. I started taking those 3 products 2 weeks ago, we'll see what happens.

Next, we found a NATURAL product that's powerful enough to inhibit prostaglandin E-2 without the hard of tylenol but its not as effective. It's called Tumeric Curcumin.
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-BIO-Curcumin-400-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/15211?at=0
It alleviates my symptoms by up to 50% an hour after taking. But again this is not a SOLUTION, it just masks the symptoms. But still I keep taking it everyday for now until I can fix the root. it makes flaccid hang better, but I still feel tension in pelvic region. Tylenol gets rid of that pelvic tension right away. (used to). So try this too.

Now that I got my results there are a lot of things I need to fix. Now its up to me to decide whether I wanna work with a doctor or do this on my own. there are only 2 doctors in the world that can help you guys: Dr. Mariano and Dr. Crisler.
They both specialize in hormones and anti-aging and have dealt with a million complicated cases like these and 'sexual exhaustion'. I'm not from the states... so its a whole hassle flying there to see one of them + pay for consultations + tests + I don't know if the prescriptions are valid in Canada. So for now I'm gonna start out on my own with the help of my buddy on the other forum who's telling me what to do step by step.

Basically the general guideline is this:
1. order tests. If you're with a doctor have him order them with insurance. If no, liek me, order them on your own from independant labs in states, I can post links.
2. Assess results and find deficies
3. Start out as natural as possible - with vitamins and powerful supplements for adrenals, thyroid, estradiol and so on.. hopefully things are not too bad, and this is enough to start helping.
4. If things are pretty bad, the vitamins and supps will not be enough and then you need to switch to hormones. So for adrenals, you can start taking transdermal prengenolone.. which raises cortisol levels. Normal cortisol levels should auto-correct thyroid deficincies.. and so on.. will correct testosterone, estradiol...
5. If this one hormones is not enough (pregnenolone was just an example) then add in the next hormone for thyroid function (example is Arrmour grains)..
6. If those two are not enough then add in third to lower estradiol.
- Mind you every 4-8 weeks you (and me) will need to get RETESTED to look for improvement in results. If no improvement then this strategy is not working and move to more powerful one. If working, keep going.
7. If all taht is not enough then you need TRT. Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Means you'll inject testosterone with a needle twice a week. And do other things that go with it. This is the last resort because this is for life. It's not a big deal really... I mean if nothing else works and this does then hell sign me up. The issue is that you'll have to monitor your testosterone and other other hormone levels and readjust doosing every month or so or based on feel.. so the inconvenience is the only issue really. BUT TRT helps in almost every case. As soon as your body has a sufficient amount of testosterone in it, it will dramatically help repair adrenals and thyroid. And then you take w/e is needed to keep Estradiol down and you're good to go.

Based on my results looks like I will NOT need TRT. Because things would be a lot worse. My total testosterone could be lower, and adrenals could be worse. So seems I got a chance at recovery from only vitamins and supplements, if no then I'm hoping hormones will do the job.

You should NOT mess around with hormones unless you know what you're doing. And I don't know everything well enough to be doing that on my own. So if the somewhat natural route doesn't work I will go and see Dr. Crisler after all no matter how much it'll cost. Working with a doctor from the start will ensure you're in good hands and will recover 100% sooner or later. Same path, he'll start you off natural, retest every 2 months, and tweak around and introduct new supplements/hormones until you find what works. May take a year or two but what can you do... at least recovery WILL be 100% for all of us. This is nothing that can't be fixed.

I forgot to mention taht once I get amino acids results back I will see which ones I;m low in. That will tell which neurotrasmitters are low because of low hormones and then I can start supplementing with amino acids for those neurotrasmitters to ensure faster recovery. I'm almost positive we all have low serotonin and gaba (actually all inhibitory neurtrasmitters) which is why we have premature ejaculation. And our dopamine could either be low or high. Will be interesting to see. I'm guessing low. Just last week I started supplementing with l'tyrosine. Which raises dopamine in the body. I've taken 2 grams a day for 3 days... to early to tell yet but I def think it helps... right away more social mood, more energy, balls hang nice and loose..
I'm not saying you guys should start taking it blindly or any other supplement. Follow the process. Get tested first, then you'll know what needs to be supplemented. Each person could have different results.

But generally I would assume all of you here will have VERY SIMILAR results to mine. For sure cortisol pattern will be off, most likely TSH will be high, while T3 low, and most likely estradiol will be elevated and SHBG high.
I've seen results of 2 others with hard flaccid and same symptoms as me, and results are very similar.

My plan for the next 8 weeks:
- start taking supplement called Activate Xtreme. It helps raise free testosterone and lower SHBG - should help with hard flaccid.
- Take a supplement called DIM to lower Estradiol. Only a few brands are legit. Havent found them yet.
- Take herbs and supplements for adrenals like: relora, megadose vit C, magnesium, B5.. and so... hopefully adrenals start to recover.
- once get back urine test... will add vitamins for thyroid function.
- on top of that currently everyday I'm taking: multi-vitamin, vit C, vit D, fish oil sometimes, primrose oil (anti-inflammatory) sometimes, Vit E (sometimes), milk thristle, NAC, SAMe, zinc sometimes, and magnesium before bed. And just added Tyrosine in the mornings. And 750 mg gaba powder under the tounge before bed (inhibitory)... will also add in sublingual 5-htp before bed when I recieve it to boost serotonin once I get back urine test.

In 8 weeks will get retested, if improvement, keep going. If no, cut out the new supps and switch to more powerful hormones for adrenals / thyroid. This I will most likely not do on my own because it gets complicated here... so I'll probably book an appointment with Dr. Crisler. However if you read up on it it can be done on your own. You just need to know what it would mean if the hormone doesnt work.. what to do next.. which hormone to try next.. what dose.... alota reading...
all the info can be found here:
http://www.**************.***/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-All-Things-Male
It's Dr. Crisler's forum. The 101 threads explain everything.

So I think that's it for now.

Next: there are two kinds of hard flaccid. One caused by hormone imbalance, the other caused by injury (stretching/jelquing). I DON'T know much about injury one. Hormonal should follow all the steps I listed.
Injury is still similar in some ways... like inflammation (prostaglandin E2) is still there. From some forums on hard flaccid injury, basically I noticed people abstained for weeks, if not months, to help let it recover. Take vitamins and everything. Use vitamin E oil/gel directly on the penis + take vitamin E + other antioxidants. And perhaps applying magnesium oil helps? not sure. There are plenty of forums on injury kind though.. alota people recovered.. i'm sure you can find it. Those with injury should still get hormones tested anyway to see what's up. If anything needs to be supplements, then it needs to be done.

Buddy9, that's really interesting that magnesium helped you that much.

Do you think you got it by injury or just randomly like most people (hormonal imbalance). If injury then perhaps magnesium has a healing effect on the soft tissues and allows for quicker recovery. which is great.
If hormonal imbalance, then I would guess that what is happening is that the magnesium is healing your adrenals. Better adrenal function --> better cortisol rhythm which auto-correct everything else that went downhill from there. Perhaps if your case was not severe and your adrenals were only beginning to burn out, the magnesium helped them combat and recover. If not then, then I don't know what could be responsible. But I will definitely try magnesium power.
You should get tested for hormones to see what's happening. Perhaps you have other underlying issues like high estradiol that need to be addressed.
Hello Frenchiman  :)

Firstly i'd just like to thank you for such an informative post, iv'e been studying and researching all the info all day and am finding it very helpful.
I've had my symptoms including firm flaccid for around 11 months now and my life is gone.
I'm basically just existing from day to day like a hermit trying to get better,but anyway i won' t get into that right now lol.
I just have a couple of quick questions for you Frenchiman

1.i've been looking to try tylenol extra strength as you mentioned but the ingredients seem to vary and i can't seem to find one that contains 500 mg acetaminophen and 10 mg dextromethorphan. Tylenol cold multi syptom daytime contains 325mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg dextromethorphan but also 5mg of phenylephrine which is a vasoconstrictor and would'nt have thought that would be to helpful for us.
Alot of the other tylenol formula's which do contain 500mg of acetaminophen dont contain dextromethorphan but diphenhydramine.
So please could you tell me exactly which one you use and what the packaging looks like (colour.text) or even better a link to the right one :)
2.I also have the same problem with Zyflamend so please could you give me a link to the right one please.

Also thanks for the all things male link, I didn't know that site existed and its another great source of info.

I'd already sussed so called Dr Richards site as a scam because i copy and pasted the ingredients of his formula's and creams and found they were products nothing to do with him and were not realy called what he calls them at all.
For instance his sr cream which he sells for $42 is actually quantum scar reducing cream and is for sale on hundreds of different sites usually for around $6-$7.
Same goes for all the others.
So yes frenchiman he's a f****** scam and should be lined up against a wall imo.

I did actually get my hormones tested around 8 months ago but the doctor was so dismissive and arrogant of everything i had to say that i didn't go back for the results.
He even laughed when i told him i had low androgens and said i'm 26 and my hair isn't falling out so i'm fine.
I think after reading your post and stuff from all things male i'm going to get the results and then also have another one so i can compare the difference from 8 months ago because i think i have got a little better since then.
I already take quite a lot of the supps you recommend such as sublingual gaba formula, tryptophan,fish oil,mens multi,vit c, vit e, ginkgo biloba,amino acids formula, zinc picolinate,magnesium oil on penis perineum and forearms twice daily.
I also take epsom salt baths around 3-7 times a week and i soak for around an hour each time, i highly recommend this actually i feel my stress levels are much lower since doing this and am starting to feel like i'm coming back to life again. i think my pelvic floor is not as tight now as well.
I use 2 cups/500g epsom salt and 1 cup/200g bicarbonate of soda.

Also i haven't been tested by a doc but think i have a swollen prostate although i checked myself a couple of weeks ago and its def gone down a little.
because of this i'm gonna concentrate in getting it down completely so i'm about to start taking saw palmetto pumpkin seed stinging nettle and also beta sitosterol as these are said to be very effective when taken together throughout the day so i'll let you know how that goes.dude :)
You speak alot about adrenal fatigue and im wondering if thats what i have as i sometimes take a sudden gasp for air every now and then(about once per day) and also yawn alot and get the feeling like i need to yawn but when i open my mouth to nothing happens.Not sure if there signs of adrenal fatigue though.
Do you know what i need to test for at docs for adrenal fatigue frenchiman?

Do you also know how you get tested for pge2 and do you think i should ask my doc to test me or just take it that i do have high pge2?
I'm also gonna try using curcumin pills aswell so i'll let you know how that goes.

Well iv'e just realised how much i've typed so i'll leave it there and hope you get back to me as its very much appreciated.
You seem to have gathered alot of knowledge about all this and i think your very close to getting sorted out.

Lee
hey lee

glad to help. Ya my life has also turned uoside down.. but its ok.. now you know everyone can healed 100%.. this is nothing irreversible :).. so everything will be alright sooner or later.. hopefully sooner.

1 Tylenol - if you're from the states I heard you guys can just buy Acetaminophen separately and dextromethorphan separately. That would be ideal. We dont have that here, but anyway if no then... just go for the product that has the best ratio. I buy Tylenol Day Cold Extra strength - yellow tablets. Cough syrups have same ingredients. I bought a Cold, Mucus and Plegm one by brand Benylin and had same results as with tylenol. It had 500 mg acetaminophen, 15 dex and 2 other random ingredients. Either get the one with 325 mg, 10 mg dex, and 5 mg random... or get a cough syrup with 500:15 ratio.

2. I actually never considered buying zyflamend. Did a search once and realized its expensive so I can't afford it right now. But there's only 1 kind of zyflamend so just find it through google. If you end up taking it let me know how it works!
Here's a link for the curcumin I got:
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-Curcumin-with-Bioperine-800-mg-60-Capsules/6700?at=0
Try 1 capsule a day first, then 2 if you want.

Here's a curcumin that claims to be 3 times stronger:
I'll try it next see what happens.

Grasp as much info as you can from the All Things Male forum. Everything you need to know is there. Also check out my thread on tylenol. People got into detail in that discussion.

Regular doctors and urologists are absolutely useless so it doesnt surprise me that he brushed you off. That's why I said right off the bat if you're considering a doctor that will take you seriously and be able to help you then consider Dr. Romeo Mariano or Dr. John Crisler.
UNLESS you're read ALL the 101 threads over at all things male.. and then you can go to your local endocrinologist with your results and tell him I need this and this... Like prescribe me T3 for thyroid. That's probably what I;m gonna end up doing because I don't wanna go to the states for that.

Post your results from 8 months ago and post new ones when you get them. All the supplements you're taking and baths are great. But the key to full recovery is obviously to address the root  - which is adrenals and perhaps thyroid. Supplements are for extra help.

palmetto pumpkin seed and nettle root are great stuff.

Yes yawns, hard to wake up in the morning, and crashing in afternoon or evening are signs of adrenal fatigue. the ONLY reliable test to test adrenals is: saliva 4x cortisol test.
You basically put saliva in a tube 4 times throughout the day, send it, and they send you back results. Its important that its saliva, not blood, because blood is not accurate for cortisol. And very important that its 4 times (4x) and not one or two... because 4x will show complete picture and your cortisol rhythm. Any other test is useless. I ordered my saliva and blood tests from ZRT labs. I got the Comprehensive Male Combination package for $380. It basically covers everything neccesary.
You should to go your local endocrinologist and see what tests he can run on you. It should include most things like Total testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol and so on... but most likely wont include 4x cortisol. So you can order just 4x cortisol from ZRT labs for $138. That's what I'll be doing in 8 weeks when I retest.

Once you have all your results post them on the sexual exhaustion forum or all things male and people will help you interpret.
Here's a thread of someone with typical low cortisol (probably most people here):
http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?17001-Need-help-interpreting-cortisol-x4-results

The reply by Chilln is a complete guide on what is happening and what steps to take - after trying natural remedies, herbs, and vitamins and if they dont work.

Very few labs do testing for prostaglandin E2. The only ones that do are ones they only allow you to order tests through a practinioner - not on your own. So its not an option for me. But I think LabCorp is one of them. It's not necessary to have PGE2 tested. Save your money. Either way PGE2 levels will subside as soon as cortisol + thyroid + everything else is addressed. That's for sure.

By the way, a week ago I added in l'Tyrosine (dopamine booster). I take 2 grams every afternoon. It helps a lot! Mood and mental clarity are better within an hour... hard flaccid and scrotum restriction subside to a certain extent! And this is from 2 grams... I know people that take up to 10.
What could be happening is a dopamine boost directly boosts up testosterone a bit.. and supresses prolactin (our enemy).. so that could be helping. Also it could be helping stop dopamine-> norepinephrine conversion. But I'm not sure if my dopamine (tyrosine) is low or not. Will know as soon as I get amino acid results back. For now I;m gonna keep taking it.

So I strongly advice:
- tyrosine. (You should counter it with tryptophan/5-htp and gaba in evening)
- curcumin - can't recommend a dose
- tylenol time to time. It makes premature ejaculation gone.
- large dose magnesium.

The above is just a just a remedy for now, as we are treating the real problem.

Lee, hows applying magnesium oil on the penis working out?? Helps with hard flaccid at all?
Can you link me the magnesium oil you're using. I'm pretty curious.
Hey frenchiman,

Thanks for the info on tylenol i'm gonna order some of that stuff in the next few days so i'll let you know how that goes.

I've been doing a lot of reading up the past few days mostly on all things male
and it seems saw palmetto might not be such a good idea as its thought to be estogenic also the same with the beta-sitoserol with can also have a very negative impact on your libido and erections.

After hours and hours of reading i've decided to try the broccoli protocol which is were Dim is derived from along with a chinese prostate supplement called Qian Lie Kang Pian which is known in the west as conprosta or The Pulean Formula.
Ive only read good stuff about this combo so think it's def worth a try along with all the other supplements i'm already taking, so i'll let you know how that goes as well.

Heres a couple of links reguarding the broccoli protocol and Qian Lie Kang Pian-
http://www.prostatitis.org/broccindex.html

http://www.edguider.com/forum/general-alternative-ed-discussion/689-boiled-broccoli-broth.html

http://www.naturalypure.com/ProstatitisHerbalRemedy.htm

http://www.healthfactor.co.uk/for_men_enlargedprostate_qiang_lie_kang.shtml  (the one i'm buying)

I think this will take care of my prostate as its just enlarged because of ejaculating to often its not naturally enlarged due to the ageing process and since ive been using magnesium chloride (mag oil) i've noticed it's gone down a little from that.
Thanks for the curcumin links aswell i'm gonna get some of of them along with the other stuff within the next week.

Magnesium oil is as you probably already know just magnesium chloride mixed with water.
When i first started using this stuff i noticed the difference within a couple of days as it got rid of my heart palpitations which i've been having since all this started and also digestive problems which will be caused by the inflammatory process in my body effecting various organs.
Also my firm flaccid felt somewhat improved and my penis felt abit spongier and mushy like it should.
I also felt more alive and awake all of a sudden, I went to my dads and he told me i seemed in a good mood which must have been the mag oil.

The sudden effects of the mag oil have diminished a little but i'm still much improved to were i was before taking it so continue to use it daily.
Mag oil is supposed to be taken long term anyway as it can be months to build up your levels back to normal.
I suspect i probably do have low levels as when my body f****d up on me i was weight training 5-7 days a week ejaculating between 1-5 times a day and taking a weight loss pill that quickens your heartbeat.

All those things deplete magnesium and on top of that my diet consisted of micro meals and bread and not alot else and i was only getting around 5 hours sleep.
WOW no wonder my body collapsed ....

The mag oil i'm using is called betteryou magnesium oil.
Here's a link to there site-
http://www.betteryou.uk.com/magnesium-oil-pid7.html

What i did was bought a 100ml spray bottle then when that had run out bought a 1 litre bottle and just fill up the spay bottle every time it needs refilling.
The 1 litre bottle will last 6 months at least.
Heres a link to the exact ones i bought-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BetterYou-Magnesium-Oil-Original-Spray-/300431358638?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item45f31abaae#ht_1893wt_942

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BetterYou-Magnesium-Original-Soak-1-litre-/390223715968?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item5adb255e80#ht_1282wt_1139

There from the uk though but i'm sure you can get it canada aswell as its a popular brand.

So basically my plan now is just take all the supps we've mentioned get my hormone results and checked keep to my diet of fruit veg, potatoes chicken,tuna,eggs,spinach,nuts, rolled oats(highly recommended before bed) and plenty of water.light cardio positive optimistic attitude, abstinance
and thats pretty much it.
Apart from that its just a matter of time.

keep me up to date on any breakthroughs or progress you make frenchiman and i'll do the same.

All the best
Lee
Thanks for the links.

Look if you're tight on cash, like me, than forget the broccoli protocol and the nettle root in general. The only reason I'm taking the tyrosine and curcumin and everything else is just to have enough mental clarity to make it through the day and so that adrenals don't get even worse over time. So its kinda like a maintenance protocol for the time being as I get back all results and get the supplements/herbs that I actually need to fix cortisol, thyroid, E2 and so on..

The broccoli may give you a 20% improvement in symptoms. But is it worth it for what it costs? It's up to you. If you got $ got for it and let me know. If no, then just wait until you have all results gathered and then if your E2 (estradiol) is pretty bad like mine then for sure the broccoli protocol will not be enough. What we need is a very powerful form of DIM. (equivalent to like 100 broccolis in a pill. And even DIM is not enough to lower E2 sufficiently for many people, so they must resort to Arimidex grains. Which is very powerful and you can only get it by prescription. That's my last resort though.. hope DIM works.

Seems the magnesium has noticeable effect on you kinda like tyrosine has on me. So def keep taking it. I'll order it when I get a chance.
Are you taking magnesium powder as well like buddy9? or just the oil?

Your plan for now is very solid. Make sure you get tested for everything possible though: blood - testosterone, free test, E2, TSH, t3, t4, dhea, if possible progesterone/pregnenolone, SHBG, and so on... saliva - 4x cortisol test.  Urine - all vitamins, minerals, amino acids (precursors to neurotransmitters).

Come register at
http://recover.forumup.org/viewforum.php?f=4&mforum=recover
I post there like daily.
You'll learn alot there too.

Great info. Really appreciate it. I am convinced my injury is from jelqing so I am doing the Blackmores, magnesium oil, and l-arginine along with Potaba. I hope I am not doing too much magnesium! In the above posts, there is an emphasis on the hormone imbalance, which I probably also have as it seems I am taking a ton of meds now. For those with trauma issues, what have both of you found as a good daily regiment? I want to get a strict program in place and do it and record the results. I don't think I will be able to do the hormone testing, but I am willing to get the necessary supplements. Thanks for the assistance as I have had this affliction for about 7 years and it weighs on my mind 24 hours a day...
I have been doing a lot of research into this. I am convinced that for many of us here the problem is hormonal. But it's complex and maybe nobody fully understands it.

I know for me the problem is definitely much worse in cold weather. Also if I need to pee it happens. Many people suffer this to some extent but I and a lot of others here are affected by it to an abnormal degree.

I won't go into everything here it would take too long. But basically the problem is we have very limited blood flow to the flaccid penis and it shrinks excessively. Vasoconstricting agents in the body do this, such as epinephrine (adrenaline). Alpha blockers counteract this.

But I've also been reading about something called Endothelin which a powerful vasoconstrictor located in the bladder and penis. Supposedly nitric oxide acts against this.

The answer in my opinion is to find ways to improve blood flow. Magnesium has been mentioned. This may help as it supposedly acts like a calcium channel blocker to open up blood vessels. Hawthorn may do a similiar thing:
http://www.dynamicchiropractic.ca/mpacms/dc_ca/article.php?id=53661

I'll post anything interesting I discover.

Does anyone have any results to post? I have been doing the Potaba and Magnesium along with L-Arginine, but with no success. I am going to see my fifth urologist on Monday. I no longer feel embarrassed about telling them about the situation because I just want it fixed.
Okay- Just got back from my 6th Urologist and he found nothing wrong. Kept saying that he is in the business of making sure guys can get erections. He believes there is plaque on the core fibers and that is causing the hardness. He recommended 300mg of Vitamin E. Oh well, more dough down the drain. He did give me the name of another doc- so will give that a shot.
Hello and good day all,

I have been looking at this thread for the past 6 months or so, as all of you i have pretty much the same problem. Same symptoms, same depression, same struggle everyday...

For me it all started about 6 months ago, when i went to the bathroom to (crap) my penis would shrink dramatically and become very hard and rigid, then it would pass in the next minutes. Gradually it became hard and small all the time, and my penis is often cold and glans is bluish color. There is not 1 minute, second i don't think about this because; i canno't sit anymore, i didn't sit on a chair or a sofa for over 3 months. If i sit my penis get so hard and so cold and i cannot have erections for days after and my penis just feel like dead, very depressive. Just to let you know i am young (under eighteen), because of this i cannot go to school anymore (can't sit on a chair all day long). I also can't work because the least muscular or cardio exercise i do make my penis shrink and go hard as a rock, and very cold.

Like all of you, i went to the doctor, they said i had nothing. Also humiliation because one of the doctor that checked me asked me if it was my real penis size and i told him no it was not because its extremely shrunk and hard. And he looked like he didn't beleive me. In the past 5 months i never had my normal penis back once. Its been so long that i almost don't remember how it was before when i had a relaxed, normal flaccid penis.

Anyways, i am gonna go to another urologist soon but i am not so positive about it because he checked me quickly at the hospital and said i had nothing, but i will pass test and scans...

Actually i take magnesium and it worked for like a month or two ("worked" means that i feeled a slight improvement, my penis does not get cold as much). But right now i have the impression that its not working as well as before.

Also i wanted to try other supplements and alpha blockers but i have no money to buy them and my mother don't have the money for it, she doesn't beleive me too much either. She assumes that if the doctor told me that i have nothing, its true.

If the urologists i will see soon give some results, be sure i will post it here because i know all the pain all you guys suffer like me everyday. By the way i am from Canada and the health care is free so there is no money limitation for me to see new doctors or to have scans, test etc.

I wish everyone good luck and will be coming back soon. bye.
Hi every body, Sorry, my english is not good enough to explain my situation or to tell my story since the 29/07/1998, Yeah... I have to deal with it
since 1998, it's a daily nightmare. If some of you can speak French, It would be a pleasure to talk about it in MP or Email in a basic english or in french.

My story in French for those of you who can read this langage ::

Pendant l'été 1998, c'était le mercredi 29 juillet, Je suis allé au toilette, rien d'anormal jusque là, sauf que j'ai vu que ma peau etait devenuet plus sombre
en faite c'était un changement hormonal normale, étant de type latino, la peau de mon pénis devenait mature et donc devenait plus brune qu'avant.

Cependant, j'ai été pris d'une terrible angoisse , une peur qui vous fige (freeze) que ce changement de couleur était du à une maladie ou quelque chose que j'avais fait de mal.
Le choque à été très intense, j'ai presque failli m'écrouler à l'idée d'avoir une maladie au pénis, symbole de la virilité. Je pensais avoir fait quelque chose de mal à cause de mes multiples masturbations.

Le jeudi 30 juillet et le vendredi 31, je n'ai pas dormi de la nuit, je suis allé pisser dans le noir pour ne pas voir mon pénis car son changement de
couleur me faisais peur (changement de couleur qui était totalement normal mais à l'époque je ne le comprenais pas).

J'ai commencé à me retenir d'aller uriner de plus en plus et le 1er Août 1998 quand je suis aller aux toilettes, le pénis dont j'étais si fière, était devenu rigide, rétracté et de couleur bleuté.

J'ai fini aux urgences avec mon père qui se foutait de moi car ils pensait que les médecins ne me prendrait pas au sérieux..

arrivé à L'hôpital, le médecin a cru que j'avais pris de la cocaïne ou du speed vu la rigidité et la rétraction de mon pénis et mon père me fusillait du regard pour savoir si j’avais pris de la drogue.

Alors ne sachant plus quoi dire, ne plus quoi faire, j'ai dit que je ne savais plus uriner pour ne pas me faire gueuler dessus par mon père car je n'avais jamais pris de drogue.

Quelle erreur j’ai faite, Ils m'ont sondé la vessie, par le pénis pour vider ma vessie et mon drogué  sous une forte dose d’anxiolitique toute la nuit.

Après cela j’ai gardé cela pour moi et n’en n’ai jamais plus parlé avec la famille. Mes érections etaient normale, sauf que peu à peu, mois apres mois l’élasticité de mon pénis a diminué. Je n’ai plus eu d’aussi grosses érections qu’avant et c’est cet fièrtée perdu qui est le plus dur à endurer.

Avoir un petit pénis est une chôse que j’aurais admi s avec le temps si cela avait toujours été le cas. Mais perdre en largeur un pénis dont j’étais si fière ma ruiné ma vie privée et social..

J'ai consulté pendant les années 1998-1999, des spécialistes urologues, dermatologues, rien, rien, rien. C'était d'après eux tout dans ma tête, ou neurologique.

J'ai appris à vivre avec,  je sais que le stress déclenche la rétraction du pénis, mais ici le moindre conflit le fait aussi, la moindre colère, la moindre peur. J'ai perdu en élasticité, surtout en diamètre. Bien que mes érections soient toujours bonnes après 13 ans de calvaire (18 cm de longueur en érection, pour une circonférence de + ou -  16cm mais ca dépends de mes nerfs, j’ai parfois moins parfois plus et au repos (flaccid state) ) quand je suis détendu elle tourne autour de 11 cm et quand elle se rétracte 9 cm au repos (shrink state)

C'est très perturbant de voir que son pénis ne reviendra jamais à son diamètre d'origine.

Pour moi c'est une histoire de traumatisme emotionnel car il est impossible de séparer les fonctions psychologiques de niveau supérieures à la neuro-physiologie qui la sous-tende.

Cette peur que j'ai eu le 29 juillet et le 1 août ont probablement surchargé mes centres limbiques et le tronc cérébral ce qui se traduit par un déséquilibre systémique dans l'ensemble de l'organisme par des spasmes vasculaires des muscles lisses. D'ailleurs cette rigidité ne concerne pas que le pénis, elle concerne toute la région du périné, les cuisses, le bas du dos.

C'est systémique, le pénis n'est qu'une partie du symptôme.

Voilà Ca a commencé quand j'allais avoir 19 ans et aujourd'hui j'en n'ai 31 !

Je vis avec et essais de limiter au mieux tout type de stress, les médicaments ne marchent pas.
Sauf, les anxiolitiques, les beta blockants.

Les Alpha blockers ne sont que des béquilles qui provoquent chez moi directement une éjaculation rétrograde donc je ne les utilisent pas.

L'arginine ne donne pas plus de résultat.

Seul le calme, la sérénité détends le pénis. Et je suis comme vous tous :

- Perte d'élasticité
- veines sombres (spider veins)
- rigidité du pénis au repos
- et tout ce que vous savez déjà.

Good luck for all of you guys, Don't have a doubt about what you feel, your problem is REAL, the doctors just dont know and they don't give a... about it because a lot of guys would have a larger, bigger one. But our problem is not a bigger one, it's juste about recovering our initial normal state.

Sorry for my English, I don't pratice this langage enough.

Gentlemen -

I tried to keep this brief, but it turned out to be long. In an effort to keep it short, I am not mentioning specifics about my "hard flaccid" nightmare. Just let me say that I am 17 months into it, and I have experienced all of the same things you have. My heart goes out to each and every one of you because I know how difficult this is.

I have been watching this thread (and other threads) for 17 months. I decided I would not add any posts until I have solved the problem and come up with a cure. Unfortunately, I have not found a cure, despite extensive efforts. Like many of you, I have seen many urologists. I have undergone many tests and have tried a variety of "treatments," without success. But today I had an idea and thought I would share it with you. This is not a "medical idea" about some kind of treatment (I can share those with you another time). Rather, it is a proposed plan that we can put into action to try and find a cure.

Here's the background. Many of you have written about being frustrated by your doctors' indifference - which I have experienced first hand. At first I was resentful of the doctor(s), but then I realized that if the doctor knew what was going on and thought he or she could help, he or she would probably help. Because the doctor(s) have not been able to provide a cure, that must mean that 1) the doctors are most likely perplexed because this is an odd situation and they simply don't know what to do, 2) the doctor has probably tried their best and is unable to help, and 3) the doctor is unwilling to perform hours of research into the problem to try and find the cure, most likely because this is such a "rare" condition and the doctor figures they will probably never see this condition again (i.e., there is no money in it for the doctor, and they otherwise have no motivation to go the extra mile to help us). We can't change #1, #2 or #3 about our present doctors. But I think that if we band together, we can find a doctor where #3 won't be a problem.

I am hopeful that somewhere out there, there is a doctor or a facility that has the time, money, and motivation to tackle this problem. Sorry to use the lame comparison to a t.v. show, but I am thinking there is a "House" out there somewhere - we just haven't found them yet. This probably will not happen in private practice, as we are a "money loser" for any doctor who is trying to treat just one of us. But, consider an academic setting, such as medical school campuses (Johns Hopkins) - where doctors are actively performing research and who have medical students at their disposal. Or something like the world-famous Mayo Clinic, that boasts it has thousands of researchers. In addition, there are many urological journals out there, filled with the names and email addresses of doctors who are interested in performing research and publishing their findings, performing cutting edge medicine, etc. In researching this problem, I have spent many, many hours reading abstracts from medical journals, reading medical texts on-line, etc. The names and email addresses of these doctors are out there. But, if we approach the doctors individually, we are unlikely to get anywhere (as above, the doctors will not be motiviated, and may think it is just in our heads).

So here's my plan, which will require efforts by all of us. Step 1 is that we create a spreadsheet of our conditions. This would include our "code names" (i.e., absolutely no real names used), ages, duration of problem, any suspected trigger of the problem, current endocrinology findings (if any), tests performed, etc. We will have to come up with the spreadsheet categories, as a group. Then, the more of us that are willing to contribute to be included on the list, the better.

Step 2 is that we write an email/letter to be sent to the doctors. It will be much more detailed, but would be along the lines of:

Dear Dr. [X], I am writing to you on behalf of a large number of men who are all suffering from the same medical condition, as discussed in more detail below. Despite our individual efforts, we have been unable to find a cure for our problem. I have read your [book/article/etc.] and thought that you might be able to provide some help or some insight regarding this consition. It is my hope, and the hope of the men I am writing for, that you will consider our condition and will let us know if you are able to provide any assistance. We are willing to make appointments to see you and to perform necessary tests. If you are unable to help, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass this on to your colleagues.

While there are some minor differences in our symptoms, we all suffer from a hypertonic penis in the flaccid state. This is commonly referred to as a "firm flaccid penis" or a "hard flaccid penis." The best way to describe it is that even during the flaccid state (i.e., no form of sexual stimulation whatsoever), our penises are abnormally firm. The condition does relax intermittently, such as during rest, or during urination, so we do not believe that there is a permanent thickening of the tunica or any other structures. Also, most of us do have normal erections, so we do not believe this is a typical Peyronies condition. Despite very brief periods where the penis "relaxes" and is in a normal flaccid state, the penis is almost always in the hypertonic or "hard flaccid" state. It is our belief that because the penis can occasionally relax, there must be a way to return it to its normal flaccid state. We do not know whether this condition is a blood flow issue, a nerve issue, an endocrinological response, a muscle spasm, or some other cause. For many of us, this hypertonic state brings with it pain (such as pain caused by a firm flaccid penis rubbing against clothing), excessive wrinkling of the skin, very pronounced veins which have become visible on the exterior of the shaft, and for some of us, the glans has become cold and light colored (and the glans does not fill during erection). Attached to this email is a PDF of a spreadsheet which shows more detail about the condition we are suffering from. In addition to the men listed on the attached PDF, a great number of other men are suffering. You can read more about the experiences of these other men on the following website blogs: [insert links]

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this email If you believe you can help, we would very much love to hear from you. If you do not think you can help but you know someone who can, we would very much appreciate it if you could forward this email to them. We suspect that because of the similarity of our symptoms, there is a specific medical condition that we are all suffering from, but unfortunately we have not been able to find relief separately. We are hopeful that by providing the attached spreadsheet of data, and perhaps by examining some of us, the right doctor or doctors will be able to come up with some kind of diagnosis and cure. We belive that a cross-disciplinary approach will be needed (including urologists, endocrinologists, erectile physiologists, neurologists, and radiologists), and again we invite you to share this email with your colleagues.

Thank you once again for your consideration. You can email me at [insert email address] and I would also be happy to speak with you over the phone.

[end of sample letter]

Had to break my last post into two parts... here's the rest.

This letter to the doctors is just a draft - we would have to revise the email before we send it out. I haven't even spell-checked it... just wrote it on the fly.

Step 3 would be for all of us to scour the internet and find email addresses of doctors we think could be of help. The names would come from abstracts, books, on-line research for urology departments, medical schools, research hospitals, etc. We would come up with a list/spreadsheet of all of these doctors.

Step 4 would be for me to email each of the doctors, and include the spreadsheet of our group. I would then follow up with the doctors, and report back to all of you.

Step 5 (hopefully) would be for some or all of us to go and be seen by the doctors who respond that they are willing to help.

That's it for now. Let me know what you all think. I am willing to share email addresses if anyone would like to start working on this. Peace to all of you. I know this is a horrific, unbelievable torture, which is made worse by the fact that we have to suffer in silence. Please let's all try to stay positive and hope that we can find some relief.   FYI I have posted this on another thread as well.
Hi guys. I'm currently doing some PE exercises and I've got scared, really scared. I've been doing them for a month and a half and I've been getting good errections etc, but I'm thinking to decrease them to a minimum.
I'm really compassionate about all of you and I support your research. Couple of years ago, when I was feeling exhausted from a lot of mastrubation (5 times a day) I wasn't getting good errections and a doctor prescribed me some pils, that most of you won't be able to get (I live in Eastern Europe). Those pills have me extremely good erections ! I swear I just fel amazing. And they were a food suppliment, not something for temporary effect like cialis or viagra. Here's what they contained. I think you guys should try combining those in the same quantities, if may have a positive effect : 250mg L-Arginine, 50mg (10% extract) Yohimbe, Ginseng powder 150mg and 150mg Tribulus terrestris.
You should try it, it's all natural substances and maybe combine it with vitamin E, at least that's what my doctor said.
I REPEAT - I didn't have the same problem, but it helped me with my libido drop and improved blood circulation and erection quality.

Good luck to all you guys and please post results if you have improvement or not !
www.hardflaccid.org

- go to data and input all of your symptoms and information.
www.hardflaccid.org

Hey everybody, I'm really new to this, actually, this started happening yesterday afternoon. I will give all the details, and please people tell me what you think about my case and how I can help it. I am 19 years old.

I just recently moved to a new state and I came here on a 8 day road trip. During that time I came down with a urinary tract infection, once I got here, I immediately saw a doctor and received antibiotics. The infection was cured, but I had some leftover pain for several days. During this entire process I had not been able to have any sexual thoughts or really have an erection, so yesterday I tried masturbating to maybe "fix" the problem I was having and immediately took a hot bath, while I was in there I noticed my penis got quite hard but limp and flaccid at the same time, and my scrotum/testicles seemed to tighten and retract and everything became hard and quite cold for the remainder of the day and had lasted all yesterday until today and it's now been almost 24 hours. I haven't been sleeping well in weeks due to my UTI and have had a loss of appetite and I already have had SEVERE OCD since I was about 4 years old, I have a long standing history of anxiety attacks and mental breakdowns. I have not been myself and It's been like a living hell, and now since yesterday THIS started happening. I try going for walks but it makes my scrotum retract so badly and I feel the nerves in my thighs cramping up and my penis just stays "hard flaccid". I used to practice frequent masturbation(sometimes 3 times a day) for most of my youth up until the past month since I started this move to a new state, where I basically just stopped cold-turkey. While on antibiotics for my UTI, I had taken an anxiety medication called *Atarax, I'm not sure if it's an amphetamine, but it did not help anything, I had also taken Saw Palmetto on my road trip because at the time I was convinced I had prostatis, because I had not yet seen a doctor. Anyway, I have not been sleeping well, I have been losing my appetite for like a week now, constant anxiety. I need to know NOW if there is something I can do that can make it so I can survive because at the moment I am homeless and staying with a relative and I can't stay here much longer. I need to be able to work, but how can I function and support myself when I feel like s**t? I also experience my heart pounding hard and It seems like I get hot/overheated for no reason just sitting there doing nothing. I understand that some of this is psychological, but I HAVE to know if there is something I can with a doctor that can fix me up otherwise I don't know how I can live my life with something like this...Please help me
you guys just keep mentioning the same crap.. its not that difficult

STEP 1: GET TESTED FOR ALL POSSIBLE HORMONES AND SEE IF YOU HAVE DEFICIENCIES

STEP 2: IF YOU DO HAVE PLENTY OF DEFICIENCIES THEN YOUR HARD FLACCID IS MOST LIKELY DUE TO INFLAMMATION AS A RESULT OF ALL THE IMBALANCES. WHAT YOU WANT TO DO THEN IS FIX ALL YOUR IMBALANCES (BRING ALL HORMONES BACK IN PROPER RANGES) VIA MEDICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS. THIS WILL NOT BE EASY. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NEED A GOOD DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ON YOUR OWN. IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TRAIL AND ERROR, MAY TAKE A YEAR TO BALANCE EVERYTHING... BUT ONCE ALL HORMONES AND NEUROTRANSMITTERS ARE BALANCED, INFLAMMATION SHOULD BE REDUCED AND HARD FLACCID SHOULD BE GONE.
I KNOW TWO GUYS THAT HAVE TREATED THEIR HARD FLACCID THIS WAY - BY BALANCING ALL HORMONES WHICH TOOK MONTHS AND MONTHS OF READING ONLINE AND TRIAL AND ERROR. BUT THE RESULT IS 100% RECOVERY.
GO TO MUSCLECHATFORUM AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ON EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW.

TO TEST IF YOU DO HAVE INFLAMMATION PRESENT YOU CAN DO THESE THINGS:
1. SMOKE POT - FOR ME IT RELIEVES HARD FLACCID SOMEWHAT
2. TAKE TYLENOL OR OTHER ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SUPPS - IT SHOULD GIVE YOU ENERGY AND REDUCE HARD FLACCID TEMPORARILY. TAKE LIKE 3 TYLENOLS
3. TRY OTHER ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SUPPS LIKE CURCUMIN - FOR ME IT RELIEVED HARD FLACCID BY LIKE 25%.

IF THOSE THINGS HELP RELIEVE HARD FLACCID SOMEWHAT AND YOU KNOW YOU GOT A HORMONAL IMBALANCE THAN STOP WASTING TIME AND GO AND FIX ALL THOSE HORMONES.

STEP 3: IF MOST OF YOUR HORMONES COME BACK FINE AND/OR WEED, TYLENOL HAVE NO EFFECT.. THEN THERE'S A CHANCE THAT YOUR HARD FLACCID IS DUE TO PELVIC FLOOR TENSION/DISRODER.

I STILL HAVENT READ MUCH ABOUT PELVIC FLOOR TENSION, BUT PEOPLE AT PEGYM FORUM CLAIM TO HAVE CURED FROM IT. ONE GUY BY ABSTAINING FROM MASTURBATING FOR MONTHS AND TAKING GINKO, GINGER, GINSENG, GARLIC AND OTHER BLOOD ENHANCING/ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SUPPS AND HIS HARD FLACCID WENT AWAY FOR GOOD. ANOTHER GUY WAS DOING A LOT OF STRETCHING/YOGA/AND PRESSURE POINT MASSAGE ON PELVIC REGION TO RELIEVE TENSION AND CLAIMS THAT HIS HARD FLACCID IS GONE FOR GOOD TOO.

SOO... GET TESTED FOR HORMONES, IF IMBALANCES THEN EITHER WAY TREAT THEM FOR OPTIMAL HEALTH. SEE IF HARD FLACCID GOES AWAY WHEN HORMONES AND INFLAMMATION ARE TAKEN CARE OF. IF NO THEN LOOK FURTHER INTO PRESSURE POINT MASSAGE THERAPY AND MAYBE TRY ABSTAINING FOR MONTHS WHILE TAKING ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDS.

GOOD LUCK

I KNOW MY HARD FLACCID IS DUE TO INFLAMMATION. I'M ABOUT TO ORDER ALL THE SUPPS AND MEDS I NEED. I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED
I have read all your comments and basically have very similar, or exact, issues.  I have had a tuf few years, and experienced everything from extreme stress and anxiety from my job, to bad eating habits, to unprotected sex, to no exercise. Therefore, the reason for this issue could be many.  Instead of relisting my issues, I will do the opposite and rule out possible reasons for the case and why. 1/ Stress - may have been adding to the issue, but now left that job and have been 'relaxing' for past 4 months with no true additional benefit. So don't think stress/anxiety is the reason. 2/ Sex, no as I have taken the tests and antibiotics to rule this out. 3/Exercise/eating - jury still out here, as I just started a week ago to give up alcohol and sugary foods, etc... but no true benefit yet.
Here is atleast one thing it could be - YEAST INFECTION.  It may cause all the issues you guys mention from inflammation affecting the hard flaccid penis to depression to hemorrhoid related issues. Also, any drugs drs put you on would only make this worse. I am going to move forward with that approach as drs have been no help and see what it does. This will be a long approach because unlike the "yeast infections disappear within a week" claims of meds, this does not work if you have had yeast issues for many, many years. Also, to see if this is true for you, when you first get up in the morning spit twice in a glass of water, wait 15mins and see the formation, if it is stringy, spiderweb-like, you prob have a YI. Would love to hear your opinions.
Had similar type of symptoms when I had taken herbal viagra but things seem to be somewhat fine now.
I also was doing penis stretching exercises at that time.
Problem started almost a year ago and I had been to andrologist who was not of any help but told me
that taking herbal viagra could have  caused the spasm of the smooth muscles.
He however told me that at the time when I went for checkup penis was relaxed as he could stretch the
facid penis.
The next time I went he told me that I was just waisting his time as he does not thing anything is wrong.
I did not make any post at this time since everyone mentions different symptoms and everyone have there own experiments with different medication and health supplements.
Lot of us have made MRI and various hormone and other test but have no expert review on it and make
there own conclusions.
This is not working.
Can we e-mail each other pictures of our problem to start with as just describing the symptoms in text itself if causing confusion.

if stress, anxiety or physical exercise brings this on you may want to ask  your doctor about alpha blockers.  Alpha blockers allow the arteries to relax.  Good to get a full workup then make an informed decision.  Most docs will not listen to you so be adamant that under stress you have a brisk retraction.  Not good to use alpha blockers off and on, steady is better for the body if you have any proclivity towards labile hypertension - but work with a doctor.  If you research, Yohimbe has a side effect of sudden death, severe hypertension, etc, despite it's "natural" labeling...  Be careful what you read on these forums, this is a very sensitive subject and people will try anything.  Get a workup and get well.  

my apologies, the above post was meant for the shrinkage under stress page.
Sorry to be responding so late to all of this, over a year I know, but I just recently started having the very same symptoms as you had, everything down to the waking up in the middle of the night with my penis going numb. When I went to the ER for this the doctor told me I must have just hit or sat on a nerve behind my scrotum, despite that I had to told him for a fact that I had not done anything or had anything even so much as touch that area in a way that would've caused a pinch nerve. After that I went to the Urologist who didn't tell me anything and just collected some urine from me, never even called me about the results so im assuming nothing was wrong there. After that I went and saw an Internist, who luckily seems like he genuinely wants to help. He did a full physical and everything was completely normal except for some constipation and hemorrhoids (the hemroids being from a hernia surgery I had last summer from bad constipation back then, and have been having some troubles in that way ever since). He then told me I needed to get some blood tests just to make sure, I got tested for a bunch of different things including STDs and diabetes, all of which were normal, the only not normal blood tests were that my cholesterol and vitamin D levels are low, not sure if that has anything to do with it. However I experience the exact same symptoms as Vangaard and many of the other that have been described here. I know that I am well off date for this forum but I have been having this problem and this has been the most similar and helpful information I have found so far. Im almost 19 years old and am not currently having sex, but very likely soon will be with a girl I care alot about. If anyone has found any information on this it would be extremely helpful to me right now, thanks.
My thoughts after seeing a doctor:

There is still a blood flow to the penis right? Both when it flaccid and if you get sexually existed (I am still getting spontaneous blood flows even if HF, sometimes when I come into contact with thoughts of that). However, it seems to me that this HF is due to the Tunica albuginea contracting or something. So it is not any Corpora Cavernosa that is out of order. Tunica albuginea, being the fibre tissue that binds the penis togheter.

And it feels contracted, like it has been damaged, over used, or got an inflammatory contraction going on, just like a muscle would do. I don’t know if this tissue actually can do that (contract). But that is how it feels. Like something holding a tight grip of it, even if I don't touch my penis, both when flaccid and when the bloodstream tries to fill my poor penis (a full-scale erection only happens with the morning wood, then it reaches about 60-90% in erect size else it’s just hard rubbery that does not get anywhere).

It might be an obvious observation... but doesn't that give the whole case a very easy resolution?

Get that tissue to relax!!!

How can that be rocket science??? Like it has turned out to be for some of us? While doctors say’s its normal???? (my experience).
Ok wtf!, Sry for the confusion in my previous post, I had the latin wrong...

Tunica albuginea  means (penis)

What I meant to describe was the Fibrous tissue...

Now I shall go and hide somewhere...
ik this is an old thread. But man is it what i was looking for. Everything you described, sounds like a poor circulation, or clotting problem right at the penile area. The one blood driven limb us men have.  lack of hormones can cause blood disorders clotting problems ect ect. Sounds more like this- The poor circulation could be from damaged viens. Like when you stand and have poor circulation in your legs, the viens are damaged, start popping out ect. normally found in heart patients. Cant remember what thats called. Im 18 years old, and i have alot of what you guys have posted, except not that extreme. One day, i was checking my shaft when it was slightly hard for no reason in the shower, felt like there was a hard small bump like a clot was there. I have viens that pop out, really normal so i was checking to see if things were alright cause i was experiencing the left side shaft to anal pain. Just reall sharp pain. Discovered that bump and i thought cancer??? No it couldnt be.  penis stays erect for a good 15 minutes after sex. After Ejaculation it immediatly drops. Shaft color is tinted green on the bottom (viens), head is deep purple when erect. The colder the more excited things get. (also colder weather can also help thicken blood)
i might have a small problem, compared to yours. You could look at me and say healthy. but i say this would help alot of men out with some things, and would make more aware to this problem. Might you suggest that i try omega 3 before any Big problems develope?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.