DVT and exercise tennis,stairs
I have DVT below the left Knee.I had an active life before DVT. I am on Blood Thinning Injection twice a day (60mg per dose.) My pain has almost gone while the swelling has reduced. I Am now able to walk normally.I have No family history of DVT. Please advice:
a)Can I drive a manual automobile for an hour non stop?
b)Can I use the Stairs to climb seven floors ?
c)Can I go for a trek ?
d) Will the swelling decrease or will be remain.
Thank you .
Hello i know what you are going thru, my Left leg is swollen as well and i am very frustrated, the first blood clot hit me in January, then three weeks later another broke loose and hit my lung (pulmonary embolism) since January i was in the hospital twice, t he first on heparin and Coumadin, then the Coumadin failed me and now i to am on daily injections of lovenox 200mg (2 shots at once because they do not make a 200 mg injection) my leg is still as fat as a beached whale and i have been begging someone to tell me when to expect my leg to go down to no avail so if you have any luck let me know lol (that's including my Dr's)
Wow, I am recovering from this now. I had DVT behind my left knee i was in the Hospital for 4 days. I could not walk for almost 6 weeks. I went to my Primary Dr after not be able to walk for 6 days. He sent me straight to the hospital to get a ultra sound on my leg and it showed nothing.

My Dr said there is nothing there. I do not know why, you can not walk or have so much pain. So after a few more days of having pain that brought tears to my eyes it hurt so much. My Wife took me to the ER.
The ER Dr. took one look at my leg and knew i had a clot in my leg. So now I take a Arixtra 10mg shot everyday for 3 months.

I just started walking again with out pain a few days ago.
Yep i understand the pain, i am going into my 3rd month of a leg the size of a beached whale, and i had open heart surgery back almost 4 years ago, i much rather had to go thru that again as to put up with this, the recovery was much quicker and the pain over much quicker as well.
A related discussion, May-Thurner Syndrome was the cause of my DVT was started.
Piparskeggr commented on photo
Jade59 commented on photo
Piparskeggr uploaded new photos
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle