Damage to the frenular artery?

I figured you might be the ones to ask about this. During intercourse, I have sustained damage to my frenulum due to strain and experienced a fairly strong bleeding, though only for about one or two minutes. Now I'm afraid there may have been damage to the frenal artery, but I haven't been able to find any illustration of its position or appearance. The only visible damage is to the very outer edge of the frenulum, where there's a tear in a very tiny ridge (<0.5mm) that runs all the way to the lower side of my penis. The damage doesn't extend lower into the frenulum than that distance of half a millimeter.
Any hints would be appreciated,

Klaus
Sualk;

Sorry to hear about your injury.  This sounds very unusual.  Did you tear the skin of your frenulum during intercourse?  I'm trying to visualize the injury and having a hard time doing it.

This is all I could really find about the frenulum, hope it helps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis

Here's a partial venous/arterial diagram of the penis:
http://www.emedicine.com/med/images/2177REVD2177phimosisfig2_15.jpg
Thanks for replying;

Yes, the skin of the frenulum was torn, almost right at the point where it joins the glans. In comparison to how thick it is at that point, the damage only extends about one fifth of the way towards the glans.
This "ridge" I've been describing could very well be something that's unique to my penis, so unless I posted pictures, you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about.
Then again, I'm not really thinking this is anything serious anymore. There's definitely still blood flowing through the frenulum (stretching it reveals little red capillaries) and there's no noticeable clogging around the rupture, just healing skin.
No problem!

I'm no doctor but I'd say that your artery is probably fine.  Most superficial skin wounds bleed a lot more than people expect.  My wife (a doctor) has seen plenty of non-life threatening injuries that bleed like crazy.  

However, that being the case, I'd still go see a doctor.  Your primary care physician is probably fine.  You just want him or her to take a look at the injury and make sure it's just superficial and that no lasting damage was done.  You don't want scar tissue forming in such a sensitive area, that's for sure.

Oh, and I would also abstain from rough sex in the future :)
I was meaning to see a doctor anyway (simply because it's been a while), and I'll bring it up. Thanks again!

And - Yes, I would agree this has been rougher than should be ;-)
No problem - I am glad that I helped put your mind at ease.  Please post follow-up once you get treated so we know everything was fine.

Haha you could get out a chair and a whip and when your lover comes at you, crack the whip and go, "BACK, SIMBA, BACK!"  :p
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle