Men's Health Community
Do i, or dont i have HSV-2?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Do i, or dont i have HSV-2?

Hello everyone,
These last few weeks have been really stressful because I recently was tested for HSV-2 and only went about it because I didn't know after all the times Ive been tested at Planned Parenthood that they only do two kinds of test when you ask to get tested for everything. I go get tested about two times a year to be safe because I'm off and on with my partner of 2 and half years. Here I am thinking this whole time that planned parenthood is testing me for Herpes as well but that wasn't the case. So I was talking to my friend about it and was confident I wasn't going to be positive because I never have seen any kind of sign I had a infection of any kind but when I did the private testing it came back with results i wasn't to sure how to read out. It says under one column what type of test I took (HSV type 2 - specific Ab, IgG) and in a another column next to it says Result (4.43), and the next column it says in red (HIGH). I was freaked the hell out on the inside but the outside I was in a froze. I read many posts and want to beleive i am only dreaming and this is just a nightmare. I talked to my friend and said i should just get re-tested because it could be a false-negative test. Is this true with the numbers I have in my result? How do I know how long Ive had it? Are there any cures out there a side from here in the states? I done some research and noticed how they say that its the pharmaceutical industry who is not giving a cure because they would lose millions but in other counties they have a cure like in the United Kingdom? Please help!!!!!!!!!!
   As your friend suggested, since you have no symptoms, you should go for another test from another lab. Hopefully, it is a human error.

Solace  

probably is a false-positive, you should get re-tested again