Do i, or dont i have HSV-2?
Hello everyone,
These last few weeks have been really stressful because I recently was tested for HSV-2 and only went about it because I didn't know after all the times Ive been tested at Planned Parenthood that they only do two kinds of test when you ask to get tested for everything. I go get tested about two times a year to be safe because I'm off and on with my partner of 2 and half years. Here I am thinking this whole time that planned parenthood is testing me for Herpes as well but that wasn't the case. So I was talking to my friend about it and was confident I wasn't going to be positive because I never have seen any kind of sign I had a infection of any kind but when I did the private testing it came back with results i wasn't to sure how to read out. It says under one column what type of test I took (HSV type 2 - specific Ab, IgG) and in a another column next to it says Result (4.43), and the next column it says in red (HIGH). I was freaked the hell out on the inside but the outside I was in a froze. I read many posts and want to beleive i am only dreaming and this is just a nightmare. I talked to my friend and said i should just get re-tested because it could be a false-negative test. Is this true with the numbers I have in my result? How do I know how long Ive had it? Are there any cures out there a side from here in the states? I done some research and noticed how they say that its the pharmaceutical industry who is not giving a cure because they would lose millions but in other counties they have a cure like in the United Kingdom? Please help!!!!!!!!!!
   As your friend suggested, since you have no symptoms, you should go for another test from another lab. Hopefully, it is a human error.

Solace  

probably is a false-positive, you should get re-tested again
suryaallam added the Weight Tracker
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Sep 25
aiyanas_momma commented on aiyanas_momma's status
Sep 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle