Men's Health Community
Dull/throbbing pain between anus and scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

6317446?1288803596
First, I know I should see a doctor about this but I do not have good health insurance right now.

This started about 2-3 weeks ago. I have a dull pain that is not constant on the left side, between my anus and scrotum sack. If I press near the tip of the pelvic bone, I can stimulate the pain. I feel the pain if I put pressure on the area or "suck in" my anus (not sure what the medical term for this is) and when walking or running. See the pic below, I circled the area where it feels like the pain is coming from.

Notes:
- I dont feel a bulge, thought it could be a hernia

- It seems like the pain is internal

- I don't have any issues urinating, doesn't burn, and I the intervals haven't changed

- I have been having more bowels movements in the morning, but this could be due to me drinking more coffee lately

- I have no issues sexually, I can ejaculate just fine, no issues with erection, etc.

- I am active 3-4 days a week. I run/jog, play sports, and cycle.

- I have a desk job 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
How often do you masturbate?

It is possible that you have prostatitis. I have had this for many years now and experienced a dull ache, but sometimes severe ache in the region between the scrotum and rectum. I have been treated for this on numerous occasions.
I have also had a resection of the prostate and bladderneck at the age of 30. Even with that I have still experienced the pain in this area.
In 1996 I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder and started to self cath. In 2008 while hospitalized with a kidney infection and pneumonia I was also diagnosed with a fistula (hole) between my prostate and rectum. For the last three years now I have had a suprapubic catheter and a urethral catheter a year before that. At times the pain between the scrotum and rectum is much more severe now.

All the best.

Ron