Men's Health Community
Ejaculate has strong odd smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ejaculate has strong odd smell

I am 40 & for the last 6 months or more have noticed my ejaculate has a very strong odor.  In fact I can rub my inseam area with my fingers & notice the same smell especially if I am sweaty down there (though the strongest odor without a doubt is from the semen).  I notice no unusual odor from my urine. My garlic intake is low and I have about 1 cup of starbucks per day. I read these 2 items can effect semen odor. The odor is unlike anything I can relate to. Kinda spicey maybe almost slightly sweet.  Not horribly foul but strong enough that you can tell what I've been up to. And bad enough the wife may not want to give me oral. Sometimes I swear I can even taste that odor in my mouth. My semen never smelled before.  The color and consistency and volume is the same it's always been. I have had problems with jock itch for a few years but nothing in the last year. My wife has been in europe for about 1 year and I do masturbate about once every other day.  I started to notice the smell a few months after getting 1 of those fleshlights.  I do rinse it thoroughly after each use but don't dry it. I am thinking some virus, bacteria or mold infection might have occured. I do have some occasional mild to moderate pains in my testicles. The pain can be a day or two apart & sometimes can happen 1 hour apart.  It is a kind of tightness that lasts say 5-15 seconds.  Any thoughts what this might be?  Specific field of doctor I should see?  I've been faithful but I don't want to infect the wife with anything. Thanks for any help!
Tags: Health, semen