Epididymitis (Pain in testicle tube/groin area)?
Hi!

About four years ago I suffered from testicle pain and was told by the doctor and a urologist that I had a varicocele in my left testicle tube. For the last six - eight weeks I have been getting pain in my left testicle tube and groin area. I also sometimes get pain in my left flank. I am in China at the moment lthough will be returning to Britain next week.

I have been to two doctors here. They both said I have epididymitis and prescribed my antibiotics. The first doctor gave me Ceflaxin for three days and it didn't do much. I went to a second doctor who gave me an ultrasound on my testicles, kidneys and a urine test prescribed me Zithromax.

I am on the second to last of a six day course of this antibiotic and whilst the testicle tube pain is not so prominent, I can still feel it. Also, there is a definite sensation of pressure in both side of my groin.

By giving me Zithromax, I presume the doctor thinks I have an STD (Chlamidya). I haven't been sexually active for 5 months, in which case the chlamidya must have been dormant and then become suddenly active. Is this possible? I am taking 2 x 250mg Zithromax a day (for six days total) - How long will it be until the effects kick in?

I am concerned that the antibiotics are making little difference and would like to know what is going on. Any advice welcome!
raul009 uploaded new photos
Klark01 added the Weight Tracker
slaytheday commented on photo
Aug 18
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle