Men's Health Community
Epididymitis and masturbation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Epididymitis and masturbation

I recently was diagnosed with severe epididymitis.  I was in South America and took anti-biotics for it.  It has been over a month and the swelling and pain is almost gone.  I haven't had sex or masturbated since this began, and I'm worried that it will either hurt or damage something.  Does anyone know if it's safe to ejaculate when your epididymis is infected?  I have also been tested for STDs related to this type of infection and I'm okay there.  I'm pretty sure I got it from intestinal bacteria (I think it's called colitis).  Thanks.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
My ex husband had it very badly once, and his urologist told him to masturbate to help clear it up, and to prevent it from occuring in the future.  

It took a while on antibiotics to clear it, if I recall correctly.  Weeks.  
Blank
i had epididymitis and it went away with antibiotic but it came back.i think its because i masturbate because every time i do it my left testicle hurts.but it usually lasts 1 day or so.if u have epididymitis i think it would be better if u dont masturbate.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank