Men's Health Community
Epididymitis and masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Epididymitis and masturbation

I recently was diagnosed with severe epididymitis.  I was in South America and took anti-biotics for it.  It has been over a month and the swelling and pain is almost gone.  I haven't had sex or masturbated since this began, and I'm worried that it will either hurt or damage something.  Does anyone know if it's safe to ejaculate when your epididymis is infected?  I have also been tested for STDs related to this type of infection and I'm okay there.  I'm pretty sure I got it from intestinal bacteria (I think it's called colitis).  Thanks.
My ex husband had it very badly once, and his urologist told him to masturbate to help clear it up, and to prevent it from occuring in the future.  

It took a while on antibiotics to clear it, if I recall correctly.  Weeks.  
i had epididymitis and it went away with antibiotic but it came back.i think its because i masturbate because every time i do it my left testicle hurts.but it usually lasts 1 day or so.if u have epididymitis i think it would be better if u dont masturbate.