Men's Health Community
Excessive body hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Excessive body hair

I have alot of body hair and I am only 19. It is very dense on my legs, arms, belly, and butt. I'll also get some random hairs that'll grow to about 2 inches before falling out (or I pull them out) on my chest, upper back, and shoulders. I also have alot of hair in my between my legs and butt crack. It get's very hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable. I was considering laser hair removal, but I'm a little embarrassed and it's VERY expensive. I was wondering if my abundance of hair could be something medical? It'd be great if there was a pill I could take to control my hormones or whatever is causing all this hair to grow so dense and long.
Hi,You are just a hairy guy.It comes from high levels of testosterone and also a family trait as a rule that is.Not much you can do about it except laser.I would not do it unless you just cant stand it.Since you are only 19 the sad part for you is it will get worst before it gets better.You will have more at 25 or 30 than you do now.But as you get older it will slow down and so will your testosterone level.By that time you will wish your hair wasnt falling out ,where did it all go ,what happen and so forth.I would just enjoy what nature has given you.If you did not have much hair you would wish you had more.So live happy ,be healthy and enjoy life.Good luck
I have one word for you:

MANSCAPING.

Use dog hair clippers to remove all that unsightly, uncomfortable hair.  A significant other will have to do your back and "other" places.

The other poster is right.  It will get worse.