Face changes for men?
I have had celiac disease for a year and a half or so from the ages of 16-18, could the nutritional deficiencies and malnutrition associated with the disease cause my facial structure to not develop properly?
Hi there!
Celiac disease is a condition which damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents the absorption of certain foods that are important for staying healthy. It is due to a reaction to eating gluten found in wheat, barley, rye. The spectrum of disease varies person to person. Most of the patients have gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, growth delay, delayed puberty, hair loss, short stature .Malabsorption of vitamins, minerals leads to malnutrition. Calcium and vitamin D malabsorption lead to osteopenia.All these deficiencies can lead to loss of buccal pad of fat and an overall weak looking face. Controlling celiac disease by avoiding gluten products and ensuring adequate vitamins and mineral intake will be helpful. I hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle