Men's Health Community
Feeling Guilt and Fear from Masterbation(masturbation)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I'm a teen, 15, and like most boys I'm sure...I masterbate. I love the feeling, although I hate to do it. It's like I have two personalities when I get turned on and after I'm done masterbating (masturbating). When I get turned on I want to masterbate, and after I hate myself and tell myself never to do it again. But it keeps happening and I think I've been doing it too much. I never erect more than once a day. And sometimes I do it more than twice a week. I get erections...and that's what scares me. I'm afraid I'm gonna get some kind of disease from having these erections. I don't really have any problems with the looks of my penis. Just a lil red and swollen looking after the erection. I've had a burn or cut on the head of it before and I think I might have gotten semen in the wound. I washed it well afraid of what could happen. It scares the heck out of me. And I want to stop. I've never had sex, I'm saving it for after marriage. But I wanna stop masterbating (masturbating) like this cause I'm afraid of the outcomes or if it could affect my future of having a wife and having kids or just my life period one day. Please reply to this. It scares me unbelievably and I can't stand it.

1 Comment
its a perfectly natrual thing to do , all men do it ! you do not have an unheathy habbit and its not to excess . erections occur to all men dailey and you are not able to control them . this will not affect your future and will not give you a disease .you should use lubrication to prevent redness sores and cuts . a lot of people feel guilty because of the way they are educated that sex and masterbation (masturbation) is dirty especially un married  and it does cause problems mentaly . you need to learn its your body and its natrual to explore yourself ,some people do disagree with that but as i said it is diffrent belief systems that cause that (religon has a lot to answer for ! ) . it is good that you are saving yourself for mariage and if masterbation (masturbation) stops you from going out sleeping around then it cant be that bad eh ?i know you are very young and would feel embaressed to talk about it but it helps if you can and there are always folk here who will help you . good luck x x

I might have misspelled...erection when I meant ejaculation. But that helped soo much thank you.
I am a 23 yr old woman and I masturbate even occasionaly I'm married but even married people do it occasionaly.  It is normal as long as it isnt an addiction and doesnt get in the way of other activities.