Aa
A
A
Close
Getting my male hormone levels checked
Hey All,
   I'm a 26 year old male, and I think there may be something wrong with my hormone levels.

I'm easily depressed,lethargic, unmotivated.
But on the flip side, I have alot of body hair(sign of high testosterone), and I lift weights, and I don't think my strength is impaired.

I'd really like to get a clue to what my hormone levels are, so I've decided to have a lab test done. I'm going to a lab(going around my doctor to save on cost).

My question is, what tests should I have done?

Steve
Discussion is closed
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't know the specific name of the test, but I'm sure all you have to do is tell the people at the lab what it is you want to check for and they will draw your blood and test it.  I had my testosterone level checked once and they simply took some blood and  checked it for testosterone.  Had the results two days later.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Ive been having the same symptoms (minus the extra hair, since Im female)  I just called my doctor today & Im going in for some tests.  After the tests then you'll be able to discuss the next steps to getting better!  Good Luck 2 both of us!  =)  Its also nice to know Im not the only one feeling that way =)
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Sometimes the symptoms you mentioned can be as sign of something very simple like iron deficiency.  I am sure the doctor will check all of that out though.  Good luck to both of you.  Let us know what the dr. says.

Amanda
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I am also the same problem you had when you posted 03/16/06 . Please tell me the solution if you know. ***@**** is my e-mail id . thank You .
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, getting male hormones checked was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Make A Shake That Will Keep You Ful...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
19 hrs ago
317787 tn?1472134636
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
22 hrs ago
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle
Start Tracking Now
Top Men's Health Answerers
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank
Indore, India
1622896 tn?1448199822
Blank
Somewhere ?, United Kingdom