Men's Health Community
Getting my male hormone levels checked
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Getting my male hormone levels checked

Hey All,
   I'm a 26 year old male, and I think there may be something wrong with my hormone levels.

I'm easily depressed,lethargic, unmotivated.
But on the flip side, I have alot of body hair(sign of high testosterone), and I lift weights, and I don't think my strength is impaired.

I'd really like to get a clue to what my hormone levels are, so I've decided to have a lab test done. I'm going to a lab(going around my doctor to save on cost).

My question is, what tests should I have done?

Steve
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
I don't know the specific name of the test, but I'm sure all you have to do is tell the people at the lab what it is you want to check for and they will draw your blood and test it.  I had my testosterone level checked once and they simply took some blood and  checked it for testosterone.  Had the results two days later.
Blank
Ive been having the same symptoms (minus the extra hair, since Im female)  I just called my doctor today & Im going in for some tests.  After the tests then you'll be able to discuss the next steps to getting better!  Good Luck 2 both of us!  =)  Its also nice to know Im not the only one feeling that way =)
Blank
Sometimes the symptoms you mentioned can be as sign of something very simple like iron deficiency.  I am sure the doctor will check all of that out though.  Good luck to both of you.  Let us know what the dr. says.

Amanda
Blank
I am also the same problem you had when you posted 03/16/06 . Please tell me the solution if you know. ***@**** is my e-mail id . thank You .
Blank
A related discussion, getting male hormones checked was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank