Men's Health Community
Give some findings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Give some findings

Hello Sir/Madam,
I got blood work results showing IGF-1 as Low, FSH ,,LH,, PROLACTIN as high, what are expectations. please guide
KKCAL
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
IGF-1 is insulin like growth factor. The diagnosis of Primary Insulin-like Growth Factor Deficiency is usually made  by identifying a growth or short stature problem by ruling out other underlying diseases or causes of poor growth .Abnormal levels of FSH is usually  caused by autoimmune disorders, such as Graves' disease, genetic conditions such as fragile X and PCOD.Elevated FSH levels may mean a diminution in the eggs usually common in aged women. High LH levels are seen in condition called anovulation, in which the ovaries do not consistently release an egg each month. This may lead to fertility problems. A high prolactin level is seen in hypothyroidism, liver disease, kidney disease, pituitary tumor etc.A high prolactin level can cause menstrual irregularities, infertility, discharge from breast and mood swings. It would have been really helpful if you had shared more information about your symptoms. A clinical correlation is important. Do consult your doctor and discuss these test results.
Best wishes and regards!
Thanks a Lot Dr.Arti Sharma ji,
I am kuldip 54 male presently living in Calgary, back home fr HP, Feeling very tired,down,confused,pains,sleep problem in night, sleepy in day, swelling on both knees big balls like stuff, pain on both elbows. Headache both frontal, pain in centre of head. Having sever obs, sleep apnea could not use CPAP for last three years. Testicles goes small-hypodense,mottled texture alloover.Parotid u/s shows generous reactive lymph nodes. during cystoscopy noticed large stricuture.Pedal edema. taking diabetic med 2 metformin, Cadesartan for hypertesion by Nephrologist, XR venlafexin 37.5 given by sleep specialist, thyroid synthroid one pill daily.
I dont know how come -female related hormones showing high results like LH, FSH and Prolactin. In which city you are working?
I would be thankful to you for your guidance, after hearing from I can send my all reports
      As a point to clarify, I would say that these hormones are also male hormones. It appears the doctor thought that the case is from a female member.
A high level of both LH and FSH in men could generally mean a problem with testicular function. Also, a high level of prolactin may point to a cyst in the pituitary and an MRI may be required for confirmation. However, in your case, these symptoms may be due to a combined effect of hypothyroid, Diabetes and also due to the side effects of some of the medications. It is best you discuss these results with your endocrinologist/urologist.

I am sure Dr.Arthi will throw more ligt on your issues and my replying will hopefully make this thread more visible to her by moving it to top position on the list.

Solace

Thanks. Great reply. We are living in most back ward health system, they will take more and more time for appointment and they are waiting till ailment blow up like super atom. Any way as you mentioned Dr.Arti will throw some more light on my concerns.
What does mean by Cyst in Pituitary, does this is concerned to some tumour like cancer type ,Already taking Synthroid, Metformin,Candesartan, xr Venlafexin 37.5, See if you can guide me .,
     A pitutary cyst is quite common and mostly not cancerous.
As I have already mentioned, individuals with hypothyroidism, as in your case, can have high level of prolactin even without a pituitary cyst. So, you need not have to bother about it. The LH anf FSH are triggers from pituitary to testicles to produce testosterone and sperms respectively. When testicular function is affected, the levels of LH and FSH can go up. Both hypothyroidism and diabetis can affect testicular functions. Needless to say that your case has to be analysed by an expert doctor from urology/endocrinology, are you still in Canada, if you are in India, it is rather easy to consult good doctors.

Good luck,

Solace
You are correct, I would be in India. You know we are in fix situation even we will never think to tell such blunders of health system to our near dears , always big names don't have good standards. GP have sent for referral to Endo, even in 10 days it has not been triage, helpless.
Bureaucratic and politics plays a role, more public is not speaking.
Knees gets swelling and both elbows have pain with swelling may be hormones. We are still in Canada.