Men's Health Community
Hard white lump on my scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hard white lump on my scrotum

I am 21 years old, and have this small pea sized hard white lump on the right side of my scrotum. Also along with this, my right testicle is enlarged "swollen." I have had this for about a year or 2 now, and have been very ashamed to go to the doctors about it, don't really like doctors feeling on me down there you know. Well anyways, I have had several STD checks and have not had anything turn up, yet this white lump is still there. It is mostly painless, unless you poke at it and mess with it. I have read alot of stuff about this, and it seems that it may be a cyst or testicular cancer. I was just really writing to see if anyone else has experienced something such as this, and what they have found out about it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
I've had a few of these cysts appear over the last few years (I'm 39). One on the back of my hand, one on my toe, and one on my left testicle. At first, I thought the one on the back of my hand was a wart and treated it so.  Had it removed by a dermatolgist eventually, and the scarring was pretty bad.

Treated the toe one the same wart remover to no avail, then left it alone.  It disappeared within 7-8 months.  I was distressed to notice the one on my testicle, but figured it was a cyst again, and left it alone.  It disappeared within 4-5 months.

You should probably have your PCP look at it anyway, just to be certain.  If you can't trust the one you have, try another.  My doc is great, and I have no problem sharing anything health related with him.
If you've had STD testing there should be no problem in having ur doctor check this out.  They have seen EVERYTHING!  No reason to be embarrassed or ashamed.. Better to ease your mind then to keep worrying about it.  Make the appt =)  Good luck!
But I have observed that its rowing over a period of time !
Hey if it's cancer you are giving it a chance to grow bigger...Get into the doctor and get it checked out...Just leave your ego at home..
The doctors have seen absolutely everything. Think about us women having to go in for tests on a scheduled basis..
Just do it and you'll feel better in the end.
No pun intended..
Good luck.
A related discussion, white lump on my scrotim was started.