Men's Health Community
Height

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Height

Im 18 and im only 5'3. I thought i'd come to terms with this a while ago when a doctor told me it wasn't likely i'd grow any more. My mum is 5'3 also and my dad is about 5'10.

Anyway i've been looking around on the internet at hgh & various things. To be honest it's all extremly confusing. Most of it doesn't sound very convincing to me. But i feel i should investigate more or i'd be kicking my self later.

So i was wondering if anyone has any infomation (as in facts). Or knows anyone i can talk to about this. Of course i expect people to tell me to talk to a doctor and i have a few times and none of them have been very helpful (As in they just dismiss anything to do with height increase or don't want to talk about it). Im wondering if there's any specialists in this area i can talk to or something. Im just after infomation really..but someone a bit sympathetic to my cuase would be nice too =P

Thanks all~
Are you male or female?  I can be sympathetic as I've known people that tall of both sexes but the problems for each sex are different as well as what is the norm.
hi , being only 5.1 myself i feel i can be honest ! it aint that bad and you could still grow a little i myself prefer small men and married a 5.3 man and wouldnt have it any other way .  they canot give you anything unless it was proven to be a hormone problem .x x
At 18 chances are even if it's hormonal very little could be done.  Most of the long bones will have calcified.
the growth plates in the long bones usually calcify sooner in girls than in boys. Get an x-ray of your left rist to be sure they have closed, its not that unusual, especially boys, to grow at 18+ years old. There's even reports of mature women growing an inch or 2 after  pregnancy