Men's Health Community
How do I lower my libido?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

How do I lower my libido?

My wife has tried just about everything over the last couple of years to increase her libido without much success to the point where it's having an affect on our relationship.  She now refers to sex as "her wifely duty."  It's taking a toll on her and I don't want to lose her over sex.

Anyone know of a way I can reduce my libido?

If it were up to me, we'd be doing it morning, noon and night.  If it were up to her, we already have an 8 year old, why do we have to do it again.

Thanks.

You can't lower yours, you can only lower hers, and you've already seen how to accomplish that.

Put a wedding ring on her.
Like women are?

Men sometimes end up with low testosterone (it happens) or depression or stress.

Women think to go out and "woo him again?"

HA, more like DEMAND sex and when they don't get it cheat and say it's his fault.

Dude, just leave her now, and accept the reaming you're going to get in court.

You'll lose most of your stuff and much of your income. Here's a tip though don't get married again.
its not your libado thats the prob its your attitude ! you need to be more understanding , the more pressure you put on her the worse it gets . you need to woo her again! try to be affectionate without wanting sex, ie massage cuddles .she will then relax into you ,not trying evry time you touch her will give you a bit of spark that could get it back on track !
it worked for me !!!!!
good luck x x
wow , it looks like baron aint getting non either !!!!!
sorry i dont mean to poke fun but you are so bitter , the guy does not wanna loose his wife just be more compatable with her . we all have rough patches and have to work at it .
luck to them both x x
No, nor will I.

But it doesn't MATTER, because I don't care either way.

Zero libido is a blessing if women don't want ya
i heard that salt-peter works.the krishna put it in thare food.i had the same problem you have.marra leave baron alone .marra are you man or woman?just becuse your post"s!
i aint picking on baron ! i feel for him he has clearly been hurt and that aint fair on anyone , women are horrible and demanding but in guys case its a diffrent story ! just thought its a bit harsh when guy wants to save his relationship.

baron i have respect for you and you are good help here to people (esecialy mike  ha ha ) just please dont let one ***** ruin your heart !
My point was, the problem isn't his normal libido, it's her lack thereof.

Seems to me she played along til she got what she wanted (kid, etc.) and then quietly stopped and made him feel guilty about wanting a natural relationship.

Her attitude seems to be the one that sucks - referring to healthy intimacy as some kind of bothersome obligation.

Look at how many guys here are beating up on themselves to try to get into a normal range of libido, because they know it's expected of them and they don't want her simply losing a bunch of weight, finding someone else, getting half his stuff in a divorce court and having a wonderful time with someone else.
To answer the O.P.

1) Take Propecia
2) Take antidepressants
3) Get epidydimal cysts or infection
I have a great time with my wife when she is not "in the mood".  We will lay naked and I will masturbate at as much as I like and include her as she likes.  I am 46 and could have sex many times a day, but her libido is more like your wife's.  I also masturbate as needed throughtout the day, and move on with my life.