Men's Health Community
How to fix body hair to its original, natural state after it's bee...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

How to fix body hair to its original, natural state after it's been depilated?

I'm a 17 year old guy and I have shaved my stomach and chest with electric razors and regular razors, I have also trimmed my arms quite a few times and shaved them 2 or 3 times. I decided I preferred having hair on my arms so I let that grow out, but I kept shaving my chest and stomach cause I worked out a lot and it showed the muscle definition a lot more without hair there.

Well I started to get bothered by the irritating, itchy hair on my arms and stomach so I read about that "Nair for Men" cream and it made it sound so easy... To make a long story short, I ended up chemically burning my arms, shoulders, chest & stomach REALLY bad. That was about 4 months ago. I was lead to believe that it made the hair take longer to comeback and that it could possible make the hair comeback a little finer and softer. I've never necessarily wanted my body completely hairless, I just wanted to fix the what I messed up with shaving my body and arms but I just made it worse it seems...I ended up getting the cream completely all over my arms and shoulders and I got it further up my chest than the places where I shaved it before and all over my stomach. It hasn't felt the same since and it has given me so much trouble and irritation...

My questions are: Is there any possible way that I could just start new and fresh (so to speak), can I have it all back to the way it was? I've read a lot about waxing (which is epilation rather than depilation, which is what I did) and people claim that hairs grow out completely brand new and natural like it was originally supposed to be. Is that true about waxing and could possibly reverse all this and fix all the damage that I've done?

As you can probably tell, this is a really serious matter to me and I would really appreciate a good knowledgeable, educated answer. Thank you.