Men's Health Community
Hypersensitive Glans(glands)/Corona Mystery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I'm 20 years old and circumcised.  About 5 weeks ago, for no apparent reason, I began to experience an immediate pain all over the glans (glands) and corona areas of my penis.  My glans (glands) and corona feel raw and very painful.  They are so sensitive that it hurts to the slightest touch.  I can't even walk or wear pants without keeping a sock in my briefs to limit the movement of my penis.  It isn't really even discolored (maybe a little redness on the corona) and there is no sign of a rash.  It just feels very very raw and painful.

Initially, I thought it might have been caused by chafing from my pants or going to the gym.  But I've always worn pants (obviously) and I had gone to the gym many times before. Plus, since the pain has lasted so long I figured these weren't factors.

I've been to various doctors who don't know what to do and I'm beginning to worry no one will know what it is.  I got tested for stds and they're negative.  One doctor told me to treat it as a yeast infection and I treated it with a topical anti-fungal for a week.  Didn't work at all.  Another doctor told me to treat it like eczema and treat it with vaseline for a week, but that didn't work either.  I've tried lotions (which hurt more) and other things but nothing is working.  Pain is the same and sensitivity is the same.

There is no discoloration and no overall difference in any other aspects of my penis.  When I get an erection and have sex it is still sensitive.  I don't know what to do. I've had no previous history of penis disorders.  Please help!
have you ever masterbated...?
Yes.  It hurts when that area is touched at all, though.